Home

Old 12-14-2012, 10:09 PM   #9
Pro

primrtime's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Quick Reminders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tower
2. Game play exploitation: -No ZIG-ZAGGING whatsoever.

Looks like that would include kick offs too, right?no matter what side your on?
No. The rule was made because a defender can't stop and accelerate the way the football carrier could . It does not apply for a defender because the physics in madden doesnt apply for a defender in the same way as the football carrier. You have no juke moves to get away from a blocker as a defender.
6 SFL Superbowl Appearances

SFL Admin
XBL Gamertag: im ur pops
Old 12-14-2012, 10:20 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by primrtime
No. The rule was made because a defender can't stop and accelerate the way the football carrier could . It does not apply for a defender because the physics in madden doesnt apply for a defender in the same way as the football carrier. You have no juke moves to get away from a blocker as a defender.
I don't see that in the rules , all I see is no zig zagging whatsoever....

I understand defense

But a kick off is different .i don't zig zag on kick offs and I can get around the defenders with the right stick just fine,isn't that why they have block shedding? or is it unfair to the kicking team for them to have to engauge with the blocker first before going around them?
2-2Year3
Old 12-14-2012, 11:24 PM   #11
Number 1 Stunna

F0rl3fclov3r's Arena

OVR: 11

Tower shining
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2012, 11:51 PM   #12
Sideline Football Commish

dubbduces's Arena

OVR: 23

Swerving on kickoffs isn't banned per se, but there is no need for it. If we are going to ask guys not to swerve on offense, it's only fair not to do it on kickoffs.
SFL BOWL X Champion (Eagles, M12)
SFL BOWL XIII Champion (49ers, M13)

Madden 15- Saints
NFC SOUTH CHAMPIONS (11-4-1)
Old 12-14-2012, 11:59 PM   #13
Pro

primrtime's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubbduces
Swerving on kickoffs isn't banned per se, but there is no need for it. If we are going to ask guys not to swerve on offense, it's only fair not to do it on kickoffs.
The only problem is as kick coverage we dont have juke moves to try to get around blockers. Same would apply for punt coverage as well. If I have a 95 speed corner out the on coverage he's not going to block shed anybody.

SFL Admin
Old 12-15-2012, 12:44 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by primrtime
The only problem is as kick coverage we dont have juke moves to try to get around blockers. Same would apply for punt coverage as well. If I have a 95 speed corner out the on coverage he's not going to block shed anybody.

Exactly and that's the strategy of football.speed isn't everything there is to football, you want to get a speedy guy with good block shedding? Invest his xp into block shedding if it means that much to your special teams unit
2-2Year3
Old 12-15-2012, 01:39 AM   #15
MVP

d11king's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Exactly and that's the strategy of football.speed isn't everything there is to football, you want to get a speedy guy with good block shedding? Invest his xp into block shedding if it means that much to your special teams unit
This would be fine if I could formation sub. Special teams idek how they assign those positions it seems random. If I could formation sub and put say Tim Tebow as the punt protector, then the investing his XP would fine.

Do you want to put XP on a DB on block shedding for punt returns, which seems like no one will ever take to the house.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2012, 02:11 AM   #16
Pro

primrtime's Arena

Quote:
Wait, what? Obviously you dont get what im saying. In real life if your on kick return coverage and your fast, your out their to get to the bc as quick as possible. You not out their to try and occupy blocks, your trying to elude them. No one runs into blockers on purpose hopeing their block shed is good enough to escape em. You get to the bc before the blockers can get to you. Thats the sole purpose of putting speed on your coverage team which every single nfl team does in real life as part of their strategey. In Madden however, we do not have the ability to elude blockers on kick coverage. Any ways im done with this issue dubb has spoken so

SFL Admin

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online > SFL Online Franchise »