Home

Pre-Season BOLD Predictions (Madden 25/Year 1 Edition)

This is a discussion on Pre-Season BOLD Predictions (Madden 25/Year 1 Edition) within the SFL Online Franchise forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online > SFL Online Franchise
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 08-02-2013, 03:47 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 13
Pre-Season BOLD Predictions (Madden 25/Year 1 Edition)

Fitzgerald gets his coach back and a new QB...but is it enough for a championship?

Ladies and Gentlemen it's almost time for the greatest time of year! Football season! And with football season almost here it becomes my job to give you the most detailed of predictions! Who will be the biggest surprise/disappointment?? Who will win MVP?? Who will further their legacy with a SFL Championship?? All of that and more in the article below!

Season 1 Predictions

MVP -- QB Eli Manning, NYG

The difference between a championship caliber team and just a playoff team is narrowed down to one key factor: the QB. Just ask coach Cypher Simile who won his first championship after struggling his first year with then rookie QB Jake Locker to be a playoff team and then jumping all the way to his first SFL title the first year he had Eli Manning under center. Coach Mitch will figure out really early that having a great QB will give your passing game and offense in general a lot of confidence. That coupled with the fact that Eli has Hakeem Nicks and a newly paid Victor Cruz should mean that NYG will be in the playoff hunt year in and year out for all of Madden 25.

Runner-ups -- QB Matt Ryan, ATL; HB Adrian Peterson, MIN; QB Andrew Luck, IND

Offensive Player of the Year -- QB Matt Ryan, ATL

Listen, I know this isn't much of a surprise but honestly who can stop Matt Ryan?? He has too many weapons. WAY too many if you ask me. Roddy White, Julio Jones, Harry Douglas, Tony Gonzalez, Steven Jackson, Jacquizz Rodgers...Lord have mercy on the NFC South. I truly and honestly feel that we will see numbers from Matt Ryan that we have never seen before. I'm talking 6,000+ yards and 40+ touchdowns with less than 10 picks.

Runner-ups -- HB Adrian Peterson, MIN; QB Eli Manning, NYG; WR Calvin Johnson, DET

Defensive Player of the Year -- Terrell Suggs, BAL

With the departure of LB Ray Lewis and FS Ed Reed, the defense's fate lies soley in the hands of LB Terrell Suggs. He does receive a little help with the addition of DE Elvis Dumervil but that's about it. Expect to see Suggs in the opponents backfield more times than naught this year and having a say so in every snap that Suggs is on the field for. I'm predicting Suggs goes off Year 1 with over 80+ tackles, 15+ qb tackles, and at least 5 FFs. The Ravens' defense will need all of that and more from Suggs to continue their dominant ways

Runner-ups -- DE Jared Allen, MIN; DE/OLB Mario Williams, BUF; DE/OLB Demarcus Ware, DAL

Offensive Rookie of the Year -- QB E.J. Manuel, BUF

No offensive rookie will have a greater impact on their team's future than E.J. Manuel. Period. No ifs, ands, or buts about it. If E.J. sinks, Buffalo sinks. If E.J. swims...then look out AFC East! Coach Ashton Kusher got the most out of then rookie QB Andrew Luck last year so don't be surprised if Ashton turns E.J. into a bonafide stud before the season is over. E.J. Manuel has the offensive support with Stevie Johnson, speed demon T.J. Graham, and the running back duo of Fred Jackson & C.J. Spiller. As long as Coach Ashton Kusher keeps E.J. Manuel upright and out of harms way then E.J. should thrive in Buffalo.

Runner-ups -- WR Tavon Austin, STL; WR Cordarrelle Patterson, MIN; QB Geno Smith, NYJ

Defensive Rookie of the Year-- CB Xavier Rhodes, MIN

Now you guys knew a Vikings player was going to be #1 somewhere in these predictions. But who would've thought that FSU would sweep the rookie awards. Xavier Rhodes was the one cornerback in this year's draft that scouts claim had the most "NFL ready" abilities. Outside of Chris Cook the Vikings don't really have any cornerbacks. And with big play targets in that division (Megatron, Randall Cobb/Jordy Nelson, and Brandon Marshall) Coach AC Knows is going to need Xavier Rhodes to become a premier corner sooner rather than later. But with how Coach AC Knows coaches his defense..don't be surprised if Xavier becomes the best corner in the SFL.

Runner-ups -- DE Ezekial Ansah, DET; SS Matt Elam, BAL; CB Dee Milliner, NYJ

Rising SFL Star -- QB Carson Palmer, ARI

Quick! Somebody que Chris Jericho's return music! Because that's exactly what's about to happen down in Arizona. Coach Marvin knows how to get the very best out of small time QBs. And Carson is not small time by any means. Yes he had a down season in Oakland but check this...Carlson Palmer IS an upgrade from Kevin Kolb and that makes Arizona EXTREMELY dangerous. Mark my words. Carlson Palmer will be in the top 5 for passer rating and will rank in the top 10 for tds AND ints (as in he won't throw too many). Larry Fitzgerald rejoice! You get your QB you wanted AND your coach back.

Runner-ups -- QB Sam Bradford, STL; QB Christian Ponder, MIN; WR Stevie Johnson, BUF

Falling SFL Star -- WR Stephen Hill, NYJ

The thrill is gone in New York! Coach im ur pops has packed his bags and headed to St. Louis and left NYJ to be coached by Coach Trutest. Coach Trutest is no pushover by any means. But there is no way in H.E.double hockey sticks that Stephen Hill reproduces his [insert moniker here] stats that he posted all of last year's Madden. Will he get his stats? Yes. But there isn't any reason to fear this man any longer.

Runner-ups -- QB Robert Griffin lll, WAS; WR Travis Benjamin, CLE; OLB Brian Orakpo, WAS

Owner who needs to win....NOW -- Coach Illnyill

The only reason Marvin needs to win now is because Year 1 may be the only year that he can sneak by some of the better teams in the NFC (a la Coach Cypher Simile). Not because of his abilities as a coach and owner...but because people FORGOT how good Marvin is. I, personally, have not forgot how efficient and smart Marvin plays. Year 1 he could shock and surprise a lot of owners enroute to a championship. But once people remember how good of a coach/owner he is then Marvin is going to have to go back to using strategy to overcome his opponents.

Runner-ups -- Coach ForL3af, GB; Coach Mitch, NYG; Coach Rudy G, KC

THE Darkhorse team to watch -- Dallas Cowboys

Listen to me. I've been playing this guy in Madden, NCAA...you name the game and we've competed against one another. Every single game gets more and more difficult to win against him. If Madden is anything like NCAA is this year in terms of routes and plays that work then the Cowboys could end up shocking more than enough teams on their way to a playoff berth.

Runner-ups -- Indianapolis Colts, Buffalo Bills, Carolina Panthers

STILL on the back of a milk carton

The best QB in the league for Lord knows how long...one of the more explosive offenses in the game...a good defense...and just barely making it to the playoffs?? No offensive accolades??

Bold print denotes playoff team

Season Predictions

NFC

North
1) Minnesota Vikings
2) Detroit Lions
3) Green Bay Packers
4) Chicago Bears

South
1) Atlanta Falcons
2) Carolina Panthers
3) New Orleans Saints
4) Tampa Bay Buccaneers

East
1) New York Giants
2) Dallas Cowboys
3) Philadelphia Eagles
4) Washington Redskins

West
1) Arizona Cardinals
2) St. Louis Rams
3) San Francisco 49ers
4) Seattle Seahawks

AFC

North
1) Baltimore Ravens
2) Cincinatti Bengals
3) Cleveland Browns
4) Pittsburgh Steelers

South
1) Indianapolis Colts
2) Houston Texans
3) Tennessee Titans
4) Jacksonville Jaguars

East
1) Miami Dolphins
2) New England Patriots
3) Buffalo Bills
4) New York Jets

West
1) Kansas City Chiefs
2) San Diego Chargers
3) Oakland Raiders
4) Denver Broncos

AFC/NFC Title Games

Atlanta Falcons vs. New York Giants

Kansas City Chiefs vs. Baltimore Ravens

SFL Super Bowl Champion

Kansas City Chiefs vs. New York Giants

Last edited by Simile000; 08-03-2013 at 01:54 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2013, 04:27 PM   #2
MVP

TheTruth1566's Arena

OVR: 8
Very good write up. Stephen Hill wasn't the "One True Destroyer", that moniker went to Quintorris.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2
Father of (Cypher/Super [Adopted])
SFL Super Bowl 11-Time Champion
11 Super Bowl Appearances
Old 08-02-2013, 04:33 PM   #3
MVP

Re: Pre-Season BOLD Predictions (Madden 25/Year 1 Edition)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTruth1566
Very good write up. Stephen Hill wasn't the "One True Destroyer", that moniker went to Quintorris.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2
Ah my fault. What was Stephen Hill's?
Old 08-02-2013, 04:34 PM   #4
MVP

TheTruth1566's Arena

OVR: 8
You have to ask Brian.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
Father of (Cypher/Super [Adopted])
SFL Super Bowl 11-Time Champion
11 Super Bowl Appearances
Old 08-02-2013, 05:25 PM   #5
MVP

d11king's Arena

SUPER DUPER DOPE write up. I don't know if I can say Brian misses the playoffs with confidence though. Offensively he may struggle given his personnel, but defensively he will be fine.

And if y'all want a bold statement, DE Chandler Jones is going to be the DPOY.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2013, 01:43 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 7

Nice write-up, I'm not too sure about MVP though haha. I'm more likely to lead the league in INTs than QB rating or completion percent or some crap. Hopefully someone hooks me up with a good HB though, then the offense is complete.

Madden should have custom stadium sounds so Fan-Dan-Go's entrance music blasts when Cruz gets a score (which will be often, like run out of bounds at the one and force the ball to salsa often.)

Didn't re-read but pause anyways, so I don't get caught by the pause popo.
Old 08-03-2013, 02:21 PM   #7
MVP

TheKingOfVa's Arena

OVR: 18

Really good write up, appreciate the props. Only things I can say is I think Pops will make the playoffs pretty easily. Also don't forget about Honey Badger on the rookie list. I plan on usering him and turning him into one of the most dangerous safeties in the SFL. I think my 1st year will be the toughest due to the lack of talent on my team compared to other teams. But once I get a full off season or two, I can start to compile a top end roster. That's when I'll probably be a legit threat to win it all.

Last edited by TheKingOfVa; 08-03-2013 at 02:28 PM.
Old 08-03-2013, 05:48 PM   #8
MVP

SuperSeahawks's Arena

OVR: 14

Nice job Cutthroat. Once we get some WR's and CB's, we may be able to make some noise in the NFC.

PSN: SeahawkFan11OS

GT: SuperSeahawks

Twitch

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online > SFL Online Franchise »