Home

"Practice mode will ruin your franchise"

This is a discussion on "Practice mode will ruin your franchise" within the SFL Online Franchise forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online > SFL Online Franchise
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 08-29-2013, 01:49 PM   #1
MVP

d11king's Arena

OVR: 13
"Practice mode will ruin your franchise"

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...franchise.html

Very interesting thread. We'll all have teams better than the All-Madden 25 team by year 2. Yes that includes you Goins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Wirick
I agree it's way too easy to [boost backups overalls] but after a couple of years it's gets to expensive to keep them. That's why we need to do owner mode. If we do coach mode then no one will care their owner is in the red.
I'm not saying ban or limit practices, cause players in the NFL do make their progressions in practice, I'm just throwing this thread out there for people to read and include our league in a discussion.

Last edited by d11king; 08-29-2013 at 02:14 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2013, 03:39 PM   #2
Number 1 Stunna

F0rl3fclov3r's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: "Practice mode will ruin your franchise"

The below is a response that someone wrote to that thread. I think admins need to look into this, but if its not that bad, leave it be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo COP

Just ran a quick test. Took over a team in week 16 to see if computer teams accumulated practice points as well (and I have progression set to the end of the season so they wouldn't have spent any points yet) and the verdict is......

Computer teams DO NOT collect practice points. That means human controlled teams have the potential to earn 42000 experience points per season PER PLAYER more than computer teams do. So, once again, my point stands.

Human teams will be able to create powerhouse teams when compared to computer teams. If you are in an online franchise and don't want it to get stupid to where all human teams are powerhouses then you HAVE to ban practicing.

Hopefully they can add a quick fix to this like the ability to disable practices so people can't do this.

Thank you and good night

this is someones response

I would get what you're saying if every trait only cost 1000 points or less, but it don't.

For instance, its 19,000 points to go from 84 - 85 in pass block. Hell, injury upgrade from 83 to 84 is 26,250.

80 acceleration to 81 is 75,000 points.

...And I can get to the higher points if I choose. Its not broke. Play on!!!!
Old 08-29-2013, 04:06 PM   #3
MVP

d11king's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by F0rl3fclov3r

I would get what you're saying if every trait only cost 1000 points or less, but it don't.

For instance, its 19,000 points to go from 84 - 85 in pass block. Hell, injury upgrade from 83 to 84 is 26,250.

80 acceleration to 81 is 75,000 points.

...And I can get to the higher points if I choose. Its not broke. Play on!!!!
I think we should be fine with that bit of information right there. I think dude applied all the skill points to things like AWR and Play Recogonition, and that's ultimately was raised the overalls so high, and some of these players awarenesses are absolutely atrocious.
Old 08-29-2013, 04:18 PM   #4
Pro

primrtime's Arena

OVR: 7

Last year if you did all your practices including preaseason it would net you 31500 per player but the majority of the owners decided not to. Its not a huge jump from last year as far as points go.
6 SFL Superbowl Appearances

SFL Admin
XBL Gamertag: im ur pops
Old 08-29-2013, 06:14 PM   #5
MVP

TheTruth1566's Arena

OVR: 8

Things are significantly more expensive this time around. Also age plays a greater role in determining the price of "suping up" your players.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 4
Father of (Cypher/Super [Adopted])
SFL Super Bowl 11-Time Champion
11 Super Bowl Appearances
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online > SFL Online Franchise »