Home

Super's Selections

This is a discussion on Super's Selections within the SFL Online Franchise forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online > SFL Online Franchise
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-24-2013, 06:28 PM   #49
MVP

SuperSeahawks's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Super's Selections

Week 17:

This is the penultimate week of the SFL Regular Season, next week is the big show, the playoffs!

Eagles vs Cowboys

The Eagles have been free falling as of late, but scored a decisive victory against the Bears by scoring 56 points. The Cowboys have an one game lead over the Eagles for the NFC East crown, and a win by the Eagles this week would put both teams at 10-6 which puts the tiebreaker rules into effect (if Madden even has tiebreaker rules). However, I don't think that it will come down to that as I have the Cowboys winning and the Eagles completing their late season collapse.

Eagles 41
Cowboys 42

Lions vs Vikings

The Lions won their first matchup all the way back in Week 1 and have been rolling ever since. However, a stunning upset to the Giants puts them at risk for playing in the wildcard round. The Vikings need this game and should hold the advantage over the Eagles if both teams win. Cutthroat is angry about his loss to the Giants and so are his players. I think they come out this week and play with the utmost intensity and win this game and take a first round bye.

Lions 31
Vikings 28

Chiefs vs Chargers

A division title isn't in the cards for either team, but a wildcard spot and could be the case for both teams. The Chiefs and Chargers are competing with each other and the Colts for the two wildcard spots. I'm 99% sure that the Colts beat the Baduars so the loser of this game could be out of the playoffs. I'll take Rudy and the Chiefs since he has fixed his Xbox issues.

Chiefs 34
Chargers 17

Panthers vs Falcons

This game is for the NFC South and possibly a first round bye. The Panthers won the first matchup and are looking for the season sweep. Atlanta hasn't lost since their game against Carolina and are riding a hot streak with Matt Ryan and company leading the way. It's up to us to stop their passing game and that's what this game will come down to like last time; whether we stop their passing game or not.

Ravens over Bengals
Colts over Baduars
Dolphins over Jets
Bills over Patriots
Bucs over Aints
Broncos over Raiders (Upset Special)
Cardinals over 49ers
Bears over Packers (Bold Prediction: Forleaf drafts CB Drake Reed with the first overall pick)
Texans over Titans
Steelers over Browns
Giants over Redskins
Seahawks over Rams

My record: 138-83

PSN: SeahawkFan11OS

GT: SuperSeahawks

Twitch
Old 10-25-2013, 03:24 PM   #50
MVP

SuperSeahawks's Arena

Super’s Selections: SFL Awards

This is a special write up for the SFL Awards. I determined these awards based off of team success, player stats and personal bias so let’s get to it.

Offensive Rookie of the Year:

RB Montee Ball: This was a very close race between Montee Ball, Matt Barkley and Cordarelle Patterson, but I had to go with Montee Ball, because he carried the load in the running game with 366 carries, 1,703 yards on the ground, 40 receptions, 227 yards receiving and 22 TD’s total. He had a great year and gave the Broncos balance on offense.

Defensive Rookie of the Year:

CB Desmond Trufant: Another close race between Tyrann Mathieu, Arthur Brown, Matt Elam and Desmond Trufant. I went with Desmond Trufant, because he had a lot of INT’s. He also had 44 tackles so he wasn’t a push over went in came to playing the run. Trufant scored 2 TD’s as well and happens to be related to former Seahawks CB Marcus Trufant. Desmond wore 21 with pride and made D-Block a fearsome defense to go against.

Offensive Player of the Year:

WR DeSean Jackson: Once again, a close race for Offensive Player of the Year but after taking 5 minutes to think about it, I went with DeSean Jackson. Jackson had a spectauluar season with 113 receptions, 2,188 yards and 25 TD’s with the yards and TD’s breaking records held by Calvin Johnson and Randy Moss respectively. In addition, DeSean had a punt return for a TD as well. I know he didn’t have the most expansive route tree, but he did put up gaudy numbers and he was the number 1 reason why the Eagles offense has been tough to stop.

Defensive Player of the Year:

OLB Terrell Suggs: This was a two horse race between Terrell Suggs and Bill Bentley, but I went with T-Sizzle because of his 29 QB tackles which I think is insane. He added 76 tackles and 2 INT’s to his stat line while keeping the Ravens on top of the AFC for the last few years.

SFL MVP:

QB Carson Palmer: I feel that the MVP should be a QB and the following guys were the top candidates: Carson Palmer, Matt Ryan, and Matt Schaub in that order. Carson won the award, because he threw the fewest INT’s and was QB tackled the least among these three. He threw for over 5,000 yards, 68% completion percentage, and 47 TD’s. In addition, I feel that Arizona had the least amount of talent to work with among the three QB’s so the fact that Carson played that well is amazing.

Overachiever of the Year:

Tombsong and the Oakland Raiders: I was tempted to give myself the award, but Tombsong was a better choice, because I would say the majority of the owners had the Raiders finishing in last and did not see a division title and first round bye in the Raiders future. The Raiders were really strong in the running game and even though they didn’t shine statistically, they won games and that’s what’s important.

Underachiever of the Year:

Pops and the Rams: I expected more of the Rams; I thought they would make the playoffs, but a few tough losses early and talent depravation put them in tank mode half way through the year. A top ten pick and an off season of re-tooling should put the Rams back in contention next year where I fully expect them to make a run at the playoffs and division title.

SFL Coach of the Year:

Cutthroat and the Lions: The Lions surprised me with their 14-2 record; I did not expect them to beat AC twice and a lot of my Super Selections were wrong about these Lions. The Lions have been on top of the NFC for the whole season and are still my pick to win the championship this year. Mad props to Cutthroat for a great season.

GM of the Year:

SuperSeahawks and the Panthers: I picked myself for this award for two reasons. The first reason is that I replaced 1/3rd of the roster before the regular season and made guys like Kenjon Barner, FS Cooper Taylor, CB Josh Norman and SS Robert Sands into serviceable players. The roster now has a lot of young players with upside and the 2nd reason is that I acquired Josh Gordon for two draft picks and a player I wasn’t going to re-sign.

Dark Horse for Next Year:

JGreg and the Jaguars: Despite me calling them the “Baduars” this year, I think next year they can overtake the Texans and Colts for the AFC South crown. The Jaguars have a lot of young players on the roster, multiple picks in the first round and over $30 million in cap space. Look for Jacksonville to be contenders next year.

SFL All-Pro:

This honor goes the best player (or two) at each position and is far more prestigious than the Pro Bowl which is lame IMO.

QB Carson Palmer (Arizona)
RB Ray Rice (Baltimore)
RB Adrian Peterson (Minnesota)
FB Mike Tolbert (Carolina)
WR DeSean Jackson (Philadelphia)
WR Julio Jones (Atlanta)
TE Ladarius Green (San Diego)
T Joe Thomas (Cleveland)
G Earl Watford (Arizona)
C John Sullivan (Minnesota)
G Brandon Fusco (Minnesota)
T Phil Loadholt (Minnesota)
DE Charles Johnson (Carolina)
DE J.J. Watt (Houston)
DT Jonathan Babineaux (Atlanta)
DT Geno Atkins (Cincinnati)
OLB Terrell Suggs (Baltimore)
OLB Vontaze Burfict (Cincinnati)
MLB Mario Harvey (St. Louis)
CB Bill Bentley (Detroit)
CB Desmond Trufant (Atlanta)
S Harrison Smith (Minnesota)
S Dashon Goldson (Tampa Bay)
K David Akers (Detroit)

Congrats to all the winners and the next write up is Super’s Selections: Playoff Edition!

Twitch
Old 10-25-2013, 06:04 PM   #51
MVP

TheKingOfVa's Arena

OVR: 18

Congrats on the big year and thanks for the MVP regard. (Looks at the all pro team) Cardinals MLB Daryl Washington says hi.

Last edited by TheKingOfVa; 10-25-2013 at 06:07 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2013, 06:07 PM   #52
MVP

TheTruth1566's Arena

OVR: 8

Desmond may be a rookie but he's probably the best corner in the entire league, being asked to play on an island on both sides of the field, Zone and Man. Probably dropped more picks than he caught but he is more than likely, the Revis of his position. Speaking of Revis, Richard Should just trade him. Best corners in the SFL league, I think of Desmond Trufant, Richard Sherman, Janoris and Patrick Peterson. Nobody else deserves to be mentioned in their tier. Tier 1.

Suggs is a beast. Expected to see Willis and Von Miller, but that didn't happen. Mario Harvey and Daryl Washington are beasts. Best WRs in the league for the SFL: Julio, Fitzgerald, Demaryius, Antonio Brown, Megatron. Nobody else is close. Lots of running backs, but the best one is Adrian Peterson and probably Mendenhall. Montee deserves recognition as well.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
Father of (Cypher/Super [Adopted])
SFL Super Bowl 11-Time Champion
11 Super Bowl Appearances

Last edited by TheTruth1566; 10-25-2013 at 07:24 PM.
Old 10-25-2013, 07:16 PM   #53
MVP

SuperSeahawks's Arena

Valid points guys. I went with my picks based more off of stats than overall. Maybe next year we could do a ballot system if we can get enough owners on board with that.

Twitch
Old 10-25-2013, 07:27 PM   #54
MVP

TheTruth1566's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSeahawks
Valid points guys. I went with my picks based more off of stats than overall. Maybe next year we could do a ballot system if we can get enough owners on board with that.

Definitely not opposed to that. Maybe we can start a committee to determine who is All-Pro and who isn't. Can't base everything off stats, because there are truly garbage players on this game who amass alot of stats. I liken it to a "one trick pony" type of deal.
Father of (Cypher/Super [Adopted])
SFL Super Bowl 11-Time Champion
11 Super Bowl Appearances
Old 10-25-2013, 09:36 PM   #55
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Ravens Rookie Safety Matt Elam says, "I feel like i was snubbed for DROY." 56 total tackles, 11 for loss, 5 QB Tackles, 4 INT's, 2 FF's, 2 FR, 1 TD off FR, 6 PD.

"No disrespect for Trufant. He did what rookies have a difficult time doing at the CB position. 12 Interceptions is a remarkable accomplishment. But I'm made an impact everywhere. Passing game, run game, turn overs, taking down the QB. You name it I did it. I also think I had larger shoes to fill. I had to step in for a future Hall of Famer. I did that and this defense hasn't missed a beat. And the game needs to get real and move that bum azz Vontaze Burfict. He is not a rookie. He might play like a lost on last night but he's stealing thunder from the rookie class."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2013, 10:16 PM   #56
Pro

primrtime's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSeahawks
Super’s Selections: SFL Awards

This is a special write up for the SFL Awards. I determined these awards based off of team success, player stats and personal bias so let’s get to it.

Offensive Rookie of the Year:

RB Montee Ball: This was a very close race between Montee Ball, Matt Barkley and Cordarelle Patterson, but I had to go with Montee Ball, because he carried the load in the running game with 366 carries, 1,703 yards on the ground, 40 receptions, 227 yards receiving and 22 TD’s total. He had a great year and gave the Broncos balance on offense.

Defensive Rookie of the Year:

CB Desmond Trufant: Another close race between Tyrann Mathieu, Arthur Brown, Matt Elam and Desmond Trufant. I went with Desmond Trufant, because he had a lot of INT’s. He also had 44 tackles so he wasn’t a push over went in came to playing the run. Trufant scored 2 TD’s as well and happens to be related to former Seahawks CB Marcus Trufant. Desmond wore 21 with pride and made D-Block a fearsome defense to go against.

Offensive Player of the Year:

WR DeSean Jackson: Once again, a close race for Offensive Player of the Year but after taking 5 minutes to think about it, I went with DeSean Jackson. Jackson had a spectauluar season with 113 receptions, 2,188 yards and 25 TD’s with the yards and TD’s breaking records held by Calvin Johnson and Randy Moss respectively. In addition, DeSean had a punt return for a TD as well. I know he didn’t have the most expansive route tree, but he did put up gaudy numbers and he was the number 1 reason why the Eagles offense has been tough to stop.

Defensive Player of the Year:

OLB Terrell Suggs: This was a two horse race between Terrell Suggs and Bill Bentley, but I went with T-Sizzle because of his 29 QB tackles which I think is insane. He added 76 tackles and 2 INT’s to his stat line while keeping the Ravens on top of the AFC for the last few years.

SFL MVP:

QB Carson Palmer: I feel that the MVP should be a QB and the following guys were the top candidates: Carson Palmer, Matt Ryan, and Matt Schaub in that order. Carson won the award, because he threw the fewest INT’s and was QB tackled the least among these three. He threw for over 5,000 yards, 68% completion percentage, and 47 TD’s. In addition, I feel that Arizona had the least amount of talent to work with among the three QB’s so the fact that Carson played that well is amazing.

Overachiever of the Year:

Tombsong and the Oakland Raiders: I was tempted to give myself the award, but Tombsong was a better choice, because I would say the majority of the owners had the Raiders finishing in last and did not see a division title and first round bye in the Raiders future. The Raiders were really strong in the running game and even though they didn’t shine statistically, they won games and that’s what’s important.

Underachiever of the Year:

Pops and the Rams: I expected more of the Rams; I thought they would make the playoffs, but a few tough losses early and talent depravation put them in tank mode half way through the year. A top ten pick and an off season of re-tooling should put the Rams back in contention next year where I fully expect them to make a run at the playoffs and division title.

SFL Coach of the Year:

Cutthroat and the Lions: The Lions surprised me with their 14-2 record; I did not expect them to beat AC twice and a lot of my Super Selections were wrong about these Lions. The Lions have been on top of the NFC for the whole season and are still my pick to win the championship this year. Mad props to Cutthroat for a great season.

GM of the Year:

SuperSeahawks and the Panthers: I picked myself for this award for two reasons. The first reason is that I replaced 1/3rd of the roster before the regular season and made guys like Kenjon Barner, FS Cooper Taylor, CB Josh Norman and SS Robert Sands into serviceable players. The roster now has a lot of young players with upside and the 2nd reason is that I acquired Josh Gordon for two draft picks and a player I wasn’t going to re-sign.

Dark Horse for Next Year:

JGreg and the Jaguars: Despite me calling them the “Baduars” this year, I think next year they can overtake the Texans and Colts for the AFC South crown. The Jaguars have a lot of young players on the roster, multiple picks in the first round and over $30 million in cap space. Look for Jacksonville to be contenders next year.

SFL All-Pro:

This honor goes the best player (or two) at each position and is far more prestigious than the Pro Bowl which is lame IMO.

QB Carson Palmer (Arizona)
RB Ray Rice (Baltimore)
RB Adrian Peterson (Minnesota)
FB Mike Tolbert (Carolina)
WR DeSean Jackson (Philadelphia)
WR Julio Jones (Atlanta)
TE Ladarius Green (San Diego)
T Joe Thomas (Cleveland)
G Earl Watford (Arizona)
C John Sullivan (Minnesota)
G Brandon Fusco (Minnesota)
T Phil Loadholt (Minnesota)
DE Charles Johnson (Carolina)
DE J.J. Watt (Houston)
DT Jonathan Babineaux (Atlanta)
DT Geno Atkins (Cincinnati)
OLB Terrell Suggs (Baltimore)
OLB Vontaze Burfict (Cincinnati)
MLB Mario Harvey (St. Louis)
CB Bill Bentley (Detroit)
CB Desmond Trufant (Atlanta)
S Harrison Smith (Minnesota)
S Dashon Goldson (Tampa Bay)
K David Akers (Detroit)

Congrats to all the winners and the next write up is Super’s Selections: Playoff Edition!
"1st time i've seen an all-pro nickel"
6 SFL Superbowl Appearances

SFL Admin
XBL Gamertag: im ur pops

Last edited by primrtime; 10-25-2013 at 10:24 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online > SFL Online Franchise »