Home

Right Analog "Highlight Stick" M15 Edition

This is a discussion on Right Analog "Highlight Stick" M15 Edition within the SFL Online Franchise forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online > SFL Online Franchise
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2014, 11:16 PM   #9
Number 1 Stunna

F0rl3fclov3r's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Right Analog "Highlight Stick" M15 Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by unc_kobw
First run was a strong power in which u had no outside containment. It would have been stupid for me to not keep it on the outside with a runner like Thomas. I ran that same play several other times and when u had an end or LB set the edge I followed my blocker up the hole after my line would kick u out. That burst of speed was just a 95 speed back running beside guys probably in their low 80s.

And a zone run is designed for the line to all move one way and the RB picks his hole. You kept leaving the back side wide open so I kept running in that same hole.

I see little to no lateral movement on my first run. My second run had lateral movement in which the stick wasn't used when I beat ur safety at the end.

I understand everyone wanting to play a fair game, but I don't see as much power and quick cutting with the left stick as some people think there is in this game.
Thanks for giving us your opinion on the rule you are clearly breaking.

If you are ever curious if we need your input on debating a rule, remember this
Spoiler

To put it in the most simple terms on left stick, don't use it.
Old 09-09-2014, 11:22 PM   #10
Rookie

unc_kobw's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by F0rl3fclov3r
Thanks for giving us your opinion on the rule you are clearly breaking.

If you are ever curious if we need your input on debating a rule, remember this
Spoiler

To put it in the most simple terms on left stick, don't use it.
And I don't care what you think? Real cool huh
NFL: Seattle Seahawks

Madden SFL League - If you beat them, they will boot you.
Old 09-09-2014, 11:24 PM   #11
Rookie

unc_kobw's Arena

All I've been looking for is a reasonable explanation on how that first run is illegal and I've got a bunch of nothing so far.

Where is there any lateral movement? I see basically straight to the sideline, don't see anything wrong.

Last edited by unc_kobw; 09-09-2014 at 11:27 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2014, 11:32 PM   #12
Number 1 Stunna

F0rl3fclov3r's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
All I've been looking for is a reasonable explanation on how that first run is illegal and I've got a bunch of nothing so far.

Where is there any lateral movement? I see basically straight to the sideline, don't see anything wrong.
How did your guy change directions? That's your answer.
Old 09-09-2014, 11:37 PM   #13
Rookie

unc_kobw's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by F0rl3fclov3r
How did your guy change directions? That's your answer.
What am I supposed to do, right juke 10 times to get to the sideline? That doesn't make sense. I altered his line by like half a step.

Do I needa go find the 100 videos I could easily find to show everyone that RBs are capable of doing what I did in the video? It's crazy if u think that's "not sim".

Last edited by unc_kobw; 09-09-2014 at 11:45 PM.
Old 09-09-2014, 11:55 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
What am I supposed to do, right juke 10 times to get to the sideline? That doesn't make sense. I altered his line by like half a step.

Do I needa go find the 100 videos I could easily find to show everyone that RBs are capable of doing what I did in the video? It's crazy if u think that's "not sim".
Nobody is saying that RBs in the NFL are not capable of doing what you did in the video. The issue is since Madden has a "player balancing" issue, we try to make the league as fair as possible by not allowing this broken aspect of the game to give other users an advantage.

What was wrong with the run was when you angled towards the sideline, the defender that did get off of his block ready to play defense was left to look like he was stuck in quick sand while your RB was able to gain an extra burst of speed due to you re-angling your player. Even in that brief moment of changed direction with the left analog, you were able to buy yourself a few more yards than you probably wouldn't of received had you utilized the right analog to get around that block. The rest of the run was fine as you utilized the right analog to attempt to avoid the tackle towards the end of the run which is good.

This is a rule we have in place and has been in place since the league was created. If you can not abide by the rule then perhaps this league isn't for you. Simple as that.

Last edited by Simile000; 09-09-2014 at 11:58 PM.
Old 09-10-2014, 12:16 AM   #15
Rookie

unc_kobw's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simile000
Nobody is saying that RBs in the NFL are not capable of doing what you did in the video. The issue is since Madden has a "player balancing" issue, we try to make the league as fair as possible by not allowing this broken aspect of the game to give other users an advantage.

What was wrong with the run was when you angled towards the sideline, the defender that did get off of his block ready to play defense was left to look like he was stuck in quick sand while your RB was able to gain an extra burst of speed due to you re-angling your player. Even in that brief moment of changed direction with the left analog, you were able to buy yourself a few more yards than you probably wouldn't of received had you utilized the right analog to get around that block. The rest of the run was fine as you utilized the right analog to attempt to avoid the tackle towards the end of the run which is good.

This is a rule we have in place and has been in place since the league was created. If you can not abide by the rule then perhaps this league isn't for you. Simple as that.
Thank you for the explanation. I've watched that video countless times now though and I see no spot where the guy is stuck in quick sand. He gets off his block and comes straight after me. I just feel that this play is way to strict on the rule. I can only see one of the faster players in all the NFL out run a LB to the edge of the field with just a "minimal" change of direction. How am I supposed to get to the outside without somewhat changing his direction? And I agree 100% about the second play. I messed up there, but it's so much different than the first play....but in the long run it's not my rules and I'm not the sheriff around here.

I mean I guess I'll try and get better, and if I don't I'll quit. Its just a game.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2014, 04:40 AM   #16
MVP

OVR: 21

In that vid. On the first KC run, all I see is a RB following his blockers and running to day light because there is NO force defender whatsoever in the play to stop him. Near the end right before he gets tackled he jukes a defender. What is wrong in that play ?

2nd run. Same thing, no force defender. Then as the RB is running up field he makes a change in direction(no swerve). If the defender had stood his ground and strafed he could have put himself in position to make a play or at least forced the RB to keep running lateral until help arrived. Instead the defender hit stick dives his way out of the play. What's sim about the RB having to break his momentum and have to do a juke move to change direction ? If anything I think it is more cheese to have a RB do a juke move and see your defenders (the ones not even near the RB and the one you control) go into a "oops I've just been juked animation"

I don't think having the offense have to play into the hands of the defense because of a perceived movement advantage is sim especially when there is something the defense can actively do to mitigate lateral movement made by the RB.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online > SFL Online Franchise »