Home

Right Analog "Highlight Stick" M15 Edition

This is a discussion on Right Analog "Highlight Stick" M15 Edition within the SFL Online Franchise forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online > SFL Online Franchise
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2014, 09:19 PM   #1
Pro

AC IS ART's Arena

OVR: 15
Right Analog "Highlight Stick" M15 Edition

Right Analog "HIGHLIGHT STICK" M15Edition
(Learn It. Live It. Love It.)

IN THIS LEAGUE, the highlight stick is to be applied TO ALL LATERAL MOVEMENTS.

Why?

Balancing issues. The momentum(change/shift of direction of your players) is unbalanced allowing offensive players to change directions without adhering to physics while defenders must stop and plant before changing directions. It also replicates the act of a player using "his vision" to cut into a hole or to run to daylight.

What do legal cuts look like?

Side Hop-step- Flick the Right Analog left or right

Head Fake Juke- Move Right Analog left to right or vice versa consecutively
And a plethora of other moves and combos using the Right Analog as well as Left Trigger(Precision Modifier)

* The Ignite Engine will take over from time to time during collisions, causing you to lose control of the player temporarily.

Examples of illegal cuts that will get you booted fast...

* This doesn't exclude or mean its OK to make subtle left stick jukes because they aren't as drastic as the clips above. That includes the famous bounce/swerve to another gap if defenders are clogging the lane, shimmying into a hole, subtle swerves to navigate through traffic, swerving around on kickoffs, finding a convoy on INT returns, etc. etc. etc....

* The only true reason one has to not use the highlight stick is if they're scrambling with the QB behind the line of scrimmage. The Highlight Stick isn't an activated button until you pass the line of scrimmage.

*Also if you are using Speed/Shovel/Triple Option plays in which the QB is in a state where he's unable to juke.

Simple rule. Easy to follow. No excuses when the regular season starts.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2014, 09:32 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 21
Re: Right Analog "Highlight Stick" M15 Edition

I don't know about this. You really can't swerve anymore because anytime you make a change of direction they make the ball carrier plant. Also the defense is not at a disadvantage to RB's. If you are using strafe on defense you won't get caught by the cut back.
Old 09-09-2014, 09:38 PM   #3
Rookie

unc_kobw's Arena

OVR: 2

That is me as the Chiefs in those running plays. The one I scored a TD on as soon as I done that to the safety I knew I messed up, I apologize on that one......but the run before that, I don't see anything wrong with that.
NFL: Seattle Seahawks

Madden SFL League - If you beat them, they will boot you.
Old 09-09-2014, 09:42 PM   #4
Pro

AC IS ART's Arena

Do as you wish Tomb. Whether someone says anything to you about is none of my business(#Notanamen). Me personally, I'm not dealing with it. Been a rule since the inception of the league for a reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unc_kobw
That is me as the Chiefs in those running plays. The one I scored a TD on as soon as I done that to the safety I knew I messed up, I apologize on that one......but the run before that, I don't see anything wrong with that.
It was lateral movement? No? Intentions weren't to single you out. Believe me, its not just you. Was asked to make the video to empahsize this rule.

Last edited by AC IS ART; 09-09-2014 at 09:46 PM.
Old 09-09-2014, 09:47 PM   #5
Rookie

unc_kobw's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC IS ART
Do as you wish. Whether someone says anything to you about is none of my business(#Notanamen). Me personally, I'm not dealing with it. Been a rule since the inception of the league for a reason.
I mean I'm not trying to argue with you. Just give me an explanation of how that first run of mine was so illegal? Got a speedster at RB in DeAnthony Thomas who is fast, I see no zig zagging in that, I followed the blocker to the edge and had a big gain.

In the second run when I got to the safety is where I see my only "illegal" cut.

Last edited by unc_kobw; 09-09-2014 at 11:20 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2014, 09:49 PM   #6
Sideline Football Commish

dubbduces's Arena

OVR: 23

I agree with AC. Not putting up with it as well. Will speak on it and the quit if it continues.
SFL BOWL X Champion (Eagles, M12)
SFL BOWL XIII Champion (49ers, M13)

Madden 15- Saints
NFC SOUTH CHAMPIONS (11-4-1)
Old 09-09-2014, 10:21 PM   #7
Pro

AC IS ART's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by unc_kobw
I mean I'm not trying to argue with you. Just give me an explanation of how that first run of mine was so illegal? Got a speedster at RB in DeAnthony Thomas who is fast, I see no zig zagging in that, I followed the blocker through the whole and had a big gain.

In the second run when I got to the safety is where I see my only "illegal" cut.

ETA: I'm just trying to figure out what I can and can't do. I felt like the first one was fine and I knew I messed up the second one when I did it.
Wouldn't have mattered if you had Black Mamba or if you had Peyton Hillis. Surely you saw the surge of speed once he broke outside the blockers. There is no lost of speed or "True Step" when making left stick movements at certain angles. Hence why most do it. You want to turn power runs into stretch plays? Go for it. Or run the opposite direction of the called inside zone read, do what you gotta do. But if its lateral, you know? Side to side, left to right, use the right analog.
Old 09-09-2014, 10:37 PM   #8
Rookie

unc_kobw's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC IS ART
Wouldn't have mattered if you had Black Mamba or if you had Peyton Hillis. Surely you saw the surge of speed once he broke outside the blockers. There is no lost of speed or "True Step" when making left stick movements at certain angles. Hence why most do it. You want to turn power runs into stretch plays? Go for it. Or run the opposite direction of the called inside zone read, do what you gotta do. But if its lateral, you know? Side to side, left to right, use the right analog.
First run was a strong power in which u had no outside containment. It would have been stupid for me to not keep it on the outside with a runner like Thomas. I ran that same play several other times and when u had an end or LB set the edge I followed my blocker up the hole after my line would kick u out. That burst of speed was just a 95 speed back running beside guys probably in their low 80s.

And a zone run is designed for the line to all move one way and the RB picks his hole. You kept leaving the back side wide open so I kept running in that same hole. I ran out of the Pistol the whole game just so I could see the holes open up, so now I'm being criticized for playing smart football.

I see little to no lateral movement on my first run. My second run had lateral movement in which the stick wasn't used when I beat ur safety at the end.

I understand everyone wanting to play a fair game, but I don't see as much power and quick cutting with the left stick as some people think there is in this game. And these are NFL players, top world athletes, to think that they can't make quick cuts seems more unrealistic to me.

Last edited by unc_kobw; 09-09-2014 at 11:20 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online > SFL Online Franchise »