Home

Rules Clarification Going Forward

This is a discussion on Rules Clarification Going Forward within the SFL Online Franchise forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online > SFL Online Franchise
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-22-2014, 03:03 PM   #1
MVP

TheTruth1566's Arena

OVR: 8
Rules Clarification Going Forward

Yes this is a new Madden and it has a renewed emphasis on defense, I get that. But even with that being the case, owners should not be utilizing/abusing the same plays on offense and defense just because they "work." There's no reason to call 5 different plays on defense and those 5 plays cover approximately 40-50 defensive snaps, that's not sim. It's well understood that most people cannot push the football up the field anymore with bombs, I understand that also. But the game also teaches you in Skills Trainer how to defeat coverages.

With that being the case, I'll state the following: You are NOT to abuse screens to move down the field. There are many options available to you. These playbooks are vast so there's no excuse. Also, at this point, I'm no longer expecting to see anyone running or swerving with the left analog. When in the red zone, you are not to abuse any type of particular play that can guarantee any type of automatic touchdowns (Fade Routes in the end zone, etc).

Also, and this is most important because it's highly debated: User Switching. This is one of the few leagues that allows you to switch. But within that, there are gray areas to this rule. You aren't allowed to user catch everything or on certain routes or situations to save a pass from possibly being picked off. On defense, you are NOT to switch to pick off every pass. Honestly, about 60 percent of the league switches, but there are only a handful of people who will "abuse" this rule. If that continues, then going forward "User Catching/Switching" may be banned.

Also, if you have a complaint... record it on your Game DVR. There are multiple ways to do this and is as simple as "Xbox Record That" if you see an infraction. It means alot going forward as we try to clean up these "gray areas" where certain things are taken for granted or "abused." Instead of a "He say, she say" type of thing, bring legitimate evidence to the table and punishment can be meted out accordingly. So with that being said, make sure you all read this going forward because if this continues, there will be suspensions of players, possibly being put on auto or worst case scenario, being removed from the league. It's up to you as owners going forward as to how the league should go. You can either continue to have "freedom" and mess it up, or, we will adopt the rules of other leagues, which seems to be the norm. I'm not singling out anyone, this is for the entire league.

Thanks.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
Father of (Cypher/Super [Adopted])
SFL Super Bowl 11-Time Champion
11 Super Bowl Appearances

Last edited by TheTruth1566; 09-22-2014 at 04:17 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2014, 03:17 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: Rules Clarification Going Forward

Read and agreed

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
Old 09-22-2014, 11:42 PM   #3
Rookie

Goins's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
60 percent of the league switches, but there are only a handful of people who will "abuse" this rule. If that continues, then going forward "User Catching/Switching" may be banned
I can understand someone "abusing" User catching animations with a elite WR all game, But I don't understand how switching players/Clicking on to defenders can be abused?If my player is in position to make a play on the ball I'm going to switch on to him and atleast attempt to catch the pick.
Old 09-23-2014, 09:41 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

My only question is the switching rule , is it a big deal?

The other points you listed are legit though. I mean I'm the first to admit that my running game is horrid now due to the left stick rule but I think if you keep taking user controlled things away it makes the game seem very CPU driven.

For me for example, my QB is horrible, so I need to user catch due his to accuracy- he's all over the place.

I think overall the league is fantastic, the best I've been in. But i do find myself especially on offense , holding back a bit due to the rules.

Defensively speaking , I see a lot of guys using the same D sets. As a defensive guru, it saddens me that people can't figure out the D side of the ball. But , there are running plays to exploit their Ds and passing plays. My issue is they are cheap- screens to RB for example- but executing them ruin the game experience.

To help - if anyone wants to lab on D I have no issues helping out to make the league better.
Old 09-23-2014, 12:00 PM   #5
Sideline Football Commish

dubbduces's Arena

OVR: 23

Should be no switch simple and plain. Bad QB's shouldnt be helped by guys switching and catching passes that passer shouldn't be able to complete.
SFL BOWL X Champion (Eagles, M12)
SFL BOWL XIII Champion (49ers, M13)

Madden 15- Saints
NFC SOUTH CHAMPIONS (11-4-1)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2014, 12:15 PM   #6
Rookie

unc_kobw's Arena

OVR: 2

I think no switching takes to much user skill out of the game and puts it into the CPU's hands. I don't user switch that often, but if I see that my QB has made a bad throw I will switch to the receiver to go try and make a catch just like receivers in real life alter their routes if there's a bad throw. I'm going to try and put my WR in a position he can make a play because the Madden series biggest problem right now is WR-DB interactions with going for the ball. The same way goes for defense, if I see my defender doing something I think I can do better I'm going to switch. The CPU might be smart, but they still don't always think like actual players should and that's where us users who claim to know how to play football come in and clean it up.

I don't switch that often, but not having the ability to I know would be a big blow.
NFL: Seattle Seahawks

Madden SFL League - If you beat them, they will boot you.
Old 09-23-2014, 12:40 PM   #7

dubbduces's Arena

Have any of you guys even tried it? Imo all of these "user skills" are tournament things. I've thrown a bad pass and my receiver has went and got it without me switching. What really sucks, is having a game where guys are playing and there is no switching going on and all of a sudden, a guy switches "because they made a bad throw/corner should have been there" etc. You have to play the game differently to combat switchers vs nonswitchers.

Madden 15- Saints
Old 09-23-2014, 12:41 PM   #8

dubbduces's Arena

Also, I believe some of you guys shouldn't be here. Just my two cents.

Madden 15- Saints

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online > SFL Online Franchise »