Home

Open letter to the SFL......

This is a discussion on Open letter to the SFL...... within the SFL Online Franchise forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online > SFL Online Franchise
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-28-2014, 11:50 AM   #17
Rookie

Snozberriez0819's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Open letter to the SFL......

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubbduces
Simple and plain, I'm going to speak up for my friends. Don't really care if cats see it as "drama" or "witch hunts" or any of that bs that many of you are probably being fed behind the scenes. This is/was a good place to play madden above everything. The moment I see or hear that there is someone threatening that, I'll speak out about it.
I still see it as a good place to play also, and I am one unbiased as I know none of you. As a "leader" and a "veteran" you have to be unbiased to EVERYONE and not just your friends. I'm not saying your not being so, but with leadership and power comes great responsibility. With your statement about speaking up for your friends, once again your coming off like your drawing a line in the sand and it's you and your friends on one side, and all us "cats" on the other. Like the rules say...if there is an issue....RECORD IT....problem solved!!!!!!

Once again, I am unbiased but am giving my 2 cents. Leagues are supposed to be FUN and EVERYONE should voice an opinion.
Old 09-28-2014, 02:38 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 1

i'm new but respect all of the rules the best I can. Its not often-that you can find a league that has a cohesive group like this, in our gaming community.

I joined here bc i had heard of these guys before, Ive been on this website probably longer than anyone else in this league. i come from a tournament background, and get what this thread was made for.

i have the worst record on here but in the grand scheme of it all i don't care! i found good group of guys that play madden the same way , which is as rare as finding a dam dinosaur roaming the streets of NYC.

i think us new guys need to really respect the rules and what they stand for , as we are guests of this place.
Old 09-28-2014, 03:06 PM   #19
MVP

eric7064's Arena

OVR: 1

I'm new as well and I'm enjoying my time here. When I played truth last week I through the ball in the air took control of Marshall and immediately realized that I couldn't. So I stopped and it was picked. Joining an established league new guys will have to get used to rules. Even in my tryout Truth told me what to work on. If someone is abusing something use the power of the XB1 and record it. That simple. Not hard to do. Enough drama let's play some football.
Old 09-29-2014, 09:44 PM   #20
Number 1 Stunna

F0rl3fclov3r's Arena

OVR: 11

Chiefs owner. You don't get it.

I played against you and while you didn't use the left stick necessarily or "break any rules", you also weren't playing like an NFL team I have ever witnessed. You are breaking unwritten rules by playing the way you play. You ran option 85% of the time. Yes I couldn't stop it, but more importantly, yes that is not sim.

Here's the thing, you don't get it. Honestly. This isn't a witch hunt or anything, the fact is I dread playing you again. I hope I never play you again in the SFL. The reason is not personal, it's because of your gameplay. Adjust and play as we ask, then I will enjoy playing against you for years to come.

This isn't a right to be in the league and I don't want to hear any reasons why you even slightly disagree with me here because in all honesty it doesn't matter nor do I even slightly care.

I will give you advice though because I feel the ultimate goal would be for SFL to have a full league with all respectable sim owners instead of the 20 or so we have now, so if you adjust, I will be happy to welcome you as a member instead of as a guest. The advice is this, and listen close, play football the way all NFL teams play. The few SFL rules we have are only there so that at minimum those rules are followed, don't be that guy and say, "it doesn't say in the rules".

Realistically there are only 2 rules. Rule #1: don't use the left stick. Rule #2: Play real football, not "Madden football".

Currently you are playing Madden. Quit playing Madden and start playing Football.
Old 09-30-2014, 08:28 AM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 0

You guys know all this can be avoided by simply following the rules? Too much to ask? If so you can always step. We shouldn't have to have a debate about a rule that's been in place since I got here a couple Maddens ago. Follow the rules or step. While we value you being in the SFL you are easily replaceable.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2014, 02:19 PM   #22
Rookie

unc_kobw's Arena

OVR: 2

First off, I didn't even use the same playbook against you, so I know I didn't run option 85% of the time. I've ran a lot and I've probably not even ran running plays 85% of the time ever in a game yet. All of my run plays are not option either.

And I know I said I run the option a lot, but it's not like it's my whole playbook. After my game with my last opponent they told me they had no problems with my gameplay. It's not like it's hard to stop, you just have to know what your doing. You stop it a few times and it will make me go away with it more.

The only complaints I've had has come in your core group because you all get to talk about me together. You all trying to gang up on someone because you don't like how I play. If you ask me, I feel like my style is a lot more like playing "football" than what you think it is. I run a mixture of options, screens, short passes, pa passes, along with coming out in a variety of formations. I stick to my teams strength while I try to hide their weaknesses.

I'm sorry that's not what you like to play against, but it's far from not being real football. I'm not even trying to argue you with you all either, I don't know why you keep coming at me.
NFL: Seattle Seahawks

Madden SFL League - If you beat them, they will boot you.

Last edited by unc_kobw; 09-30-2014 at 02:21 PM.
Old 09-30-2014, 03:03 PM   #23
Pro

kchuskey's Arena

OVR: 4

The Chiefs ran multiple options last night in real life. Guess they didn't get the memo. I doubt if Belichick will call Andy Reid today, and say.... "You guys weren't playing like the rest of the NFL!". I'm not even in the league, and this is exactly why. There is a difference in cheesing, and just getting your a$$ handed to you. Sounds like pouting to me, but have fun in your league guys!

"I remember a day before sliders existed, when we would play an entire season, before dinner."
Old 09-30-2014, 10:54 PM   #24
Rookie

unc_kobw's Arena

OVR: 2

Get booted for giving the co-commish to much of an a$$ whipping. I guess that's how it is around here, "if you can't beat him, kick him".
NFL: Seattle Seahawks

Madden SFL League - If you beat them, they will boot you.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online > SFL Online Franchise »