View Single Post
Old 05-29-2004, 10:00 AM   #1669
baseball88
MVP

baseball88's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: MVP Baseball 2004 Roster Discussion

The player progression is very interesting. It is done in another file. Now there is a datafile that deals with the stealing and some other things like some parts of the dives made in the outfield. The way EA did for the player progression is that a player increase or decrease their abilities according to what they do in each game. I really haven't looked into it much but I can, but I'm sure there are other fellow modders looking into it. That goes for the lefty fix too. A person can only do so much in the rosters. Now remember, this is only the second year for EA doing this particular game, it will give them things to work toward for next year like maybe adding a place for DL and also top single A teams added. Us modders can only do so much because some of the code the gaming companies use are sometimes a variety of programs. I only have so much time to do things. The gaming companies are already working for next year. Their model or oath is always make the public urge for more. That is where us modders come in, sometimes we can figure things out and sometimes not.

I hope this helps
Thanks
Kerm