View Single Post
Old 06-09-2004, 11:18 PM   #27
wwharton
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Check this link out about the price drop...

Quote:

bangpow said:
Quote:

DueceDiggla said:
Quote:

bangpow said:
Hopefully the leagues will be lag free this year. The online play for ESPN was terrible last season

I thought it was fine. Rarely had any lag when I played online. Maybe you mean PS2?

yes, it was on PS2, but the PS2 was the ONLY one to have the league function. Although, i think they took the leagues down.

the only one with OFFICIAL leagues. we got some around for the xbox that are almost as good.

as for it being stupid to have this deal only online, my first thought was sale for online and preorder, higher price for regular game. madden has a lot of people that preorder... doesn't go too much on word of mouth b/c, well, it's madden. espn tries to fight this by having a lower price for preorder (thinking people will say well, it's 20 bucks).

but i gotta agree, it doesn't make sense to make it online only as most online people read all of the articles, see the screens and vids and are more hardcore and usually excited for the game. there are some they'll drag over but for the most part, we were getting the game anyway. and the only way making it preorder only will work is if they plaster this game all over every store from now until the release date so who knows.