Old 06-10-2004, 09:14 AM   #14
sportsgeist
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: Do U know whats better than $19.99

Quote:

backbreaker said:
Ok, OK, OK not a good idea.

I am so glad if this $19.99 price points turns out to be valid, and by valid an official release from VC/Take two. I think it should become an industry standard in all sports games, simply because sports games don't change much from year to year, they just milk the hell out of an engine for 5 to 6 years. What changes from year to year on a sports games, not much, just the eventual tweaks and a feature here and there and graphics somewhat. It doesn't have the same life cycle as a Halo2(2 years in developement) or any game outside of the sports genre.

Just think about it, the disc doesn't cost that much to produce after its been mastered. The game engine is developed and used for like I said, 5 to 6 years. I just hope this price point on this generation stays the same. And, it will probably change on the new system, back to $49.99 and subsequent years a price drop.

Dude the only one guilty of milking a engine year after year is EA. VC is always rewriting and redoing something in their games. You never had anything stay the same way 2 years in a row in 2K/ESPN. 2K/ESPN has always felt different from one year to the next. I didn't get that from EA so I left. EA will have to do some major backflips through fire hoops to get me to play their football games again.