View Single Post
Old 07-13-2004, 12:02 PM   #26
Flyboy
Daydream Believer

Flyboy's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Guys with the xbox versio please relax about the slowdown.

Quote:

medlinke said:
I agree with you flyboy.

They should get it right the first time. I don't have my xbox copy yet so I cant comment on the slow down, but...the fact that it's a major issue here tells me enough.

EA's ownership of the problem doesn't suggest that they didn't screw up. Heck...who wants to buy a game for 50 bucks, then have to play it broken...waiting 6 weeks for a fixed version? NOBODY

It DOES suggest something about integrity. So, my post wasn't trying to wash away the stain from Madden 2004. It was merely trying to show that people shouldn't attack EA's earnestness about getting a good product out there. That little recall cost them big time I'm sure with the work they had to do to fix the problem, then re-produce the xbox cds, then to ship them out (not postage, but paying to warehouse those discs, process the returns, and get the fixed discs into the mail took manpower they had to pay).

So I don't want you to think I'm an EA Sheeple. I'm not. I'm getting ESPN this year because of my growing dissatisfaction with Madden. However...I don't think that's indicitive of the game. I went to Madden Challenge lost year and had a lot of fun.

It's all good, bro. I understand where you're coming from. I'm about to go pick my copy up in about an hour or so. Another thing is this problem could easily be fixed if EA *gasps* actually made it for the Xbox first! Imagine that, but since EA has such a problem with Microsoft that will never happen. Tisk, tisk, EA. Like quietcool said, it's very ironic how people are claiming ESPN will be plagued with bugs and glitches and NCAA was released on time and has some. EA really, really needs to get their act straight.