View Single Post
Old 07-20-2004, 05:09 AM   #1
Pronk
G* Br*wns!!

Pronk's Arena

OVR: 4
Do you do the AA/Heisman Combo? (Its Slider free!!)

I was skimming another forum when I came across a post that didn't get much if any attention.. In this post, the author attempted to tackle a problem that some or possibly many of us have noticed.. The problem is that on default AA the human offense is good, while the CPU offense is to put it mildly, terribly inept.. Secondly, on Default Heisman, the CPU offense is much improved and competitive, while the human offense is frustratingly hard due to the extremely fast CPU defense

Anyway, this poster had one simple suggestion.. Play AA when the human has the ball , and switch to heisman when the PC has the ball.. Of course by doing that, you are disqualified from earning pennants in the college pennant challenge.. I figured that is fine with me since I do not really use the pennants anyways.. So I gave it a shot. I played one game and surprisingly was pretty happy with the results.. The game was Pitt(me) at Penn ST.

Pitt - PSU(CPU)
23 - 38 (Final Score)
16 - 15 (1st downs)
288 - 387 (total offensive yards)
50/186 - 27/150 (rushes)
8/28 - 12/28 (passing)
102 - 237 (passing yds)

Pitt:
T.Palko (QB) 8-28 102yds 0tds (passing)
R.Kirkley (RB) 32 - 146yds 2TDs (rushing)

PSU:
Zack Miller 12-28 237yds 2TDs (passing)
Austin Scott 15-89yds 2TDS (rushing)

-I initially led 10-0. By half time I was down 24-10.. I rallied late in the game to make it 24-23, but then gave up some relatively easy scores by taking high risk chances as the time was winding down late in the game.. Very exciting!!
-I was impressed because on default AA I beat PSU on the road 31-10 while this game I lost..
-Two of PSU TD's were 9+ play drives eating up alot of clock.. Very nice to see...
-If your like me, and you have the skills to win consistently at default AA but get pretty much manhandled by the superior defense of the CPU on Heisman, than I highly recommend you give this simple method a look..
Advertisements - Register to remove