View Single Post
Old 07-24-2004, 12:37 AM   #2
Daudr
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: The Official Franchise Trade-AI Fix!!!

Quote:

Rocky said:
This was taken from the post I made in the solutions thread. I figured I'd give it it's own thread since it's a big problem for alot of people. My 14 year old younger brother came up with this tho. He says this has been happening since NFL2K3.

Here's what I've found doing some research 'chises. I checked out 8 seperate franchise:

A player will not be traded if he isn't on the trading block!
I REPEAT, A PLAYER WILL NOT GET TRADED IF HE IS NOT ON THE TRADING BLOCK!!!!
...or if he is not a part of a deal on the trading block.

You have to check the trading block every week to see if realistic deals. If a deal on the trading block is too unrealistic, directly after you have saved the game you played...quit and resim the week. More than likely, the same player will not be on the trading block.

Depending on how you perceive it you can let a star player on the trading block but do not let a team offer an unrealistic deal. I let Strahan on the trading block. There was one deal for Vick and one deal for Moss. I let the deal for Vick go but kept the one for Moss since it is more realistic. Moss got traded for Strahan for that week. There is about a 70% chance that the player will get traded to the team that has offered the deal the following week.

Never let two star players get on the trading block either. It is a total pain in the [censored], because more often than not, one player or the other will have a unrealistic offer.

Other than that you should have 0 problems. The biggest trade I had in my franchise was Hugh Douglas to Raiders for Ron Stone. The CPU does make some damn good trades as well. The Bengals offered Chris Perry and a 70's rated LB for Vilma which is pretty good....

It really doesn't take alot of work either. Once I got the hang of it, it only took me a maximum of 4 times(most of the time it's like 2) to get things good enough to how I wanted it. The thing is, when you resim it, other untradeable players might get put on the block. That's really the only problem and it isn't a huge problem anyway.

How is this "official" in any way, shape or form? Is this VC's solution for the bug?