View Single Post
Old 07-27-2004, 08:54 AM   #8
jjonesAU
Rookie

jjonesAU's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Is any one able to get a pass rush

I can barely get a rush even when i blitz. I get about 2 sacks a game, if that. The only "user sacks" i've had are when i use "dog gold" from the dime, blitz from the outside, and there's a high snap. Last year the cornerstone of my defense was my pass rush. Of course, back then i had Karlos Dansby. I haven't played with anyone other than Auburn yet, and we've got 6 new starters on our front seven, so that could be part of it. Either way the outside speed rush has been practically shut down for me.

That being said, I have noticed that i'm forcing bad throws and interceptions because my pass rush is getting close enough to scare the QB (had a perfect one against bama, blitzed brodie croyle, he panicked and threw it right to my free safety, in the red zone ). I'm still winning games with strong defense, so i'm not freaking out about it. Although i did let ole miss come back from a 21 point defecit and lost in overtime, but i didnt save, replayed it and shut them out (it was one of those f-you games...).