OVR: 23
Re: For those who think that you can\'t run backwards in espn and compl

Quote:

bigtiggalsu said:
Quote:

choad said:
Quote:

maddenps2 said:
Just played a guy online, he whould run back 20 yard every pass play and whould throw to chris chambers everplay and 70% complete the pass even though i had him covered. Really pisses me off thats all he did the entire game and it was good enough, ran straight backwards, 10-20 yards then threw it to chambers. So i had to endure a hour of this bs and realize all this talk of how espn it was immpossible to drop back and do this was a lie, i actually thought it was true till this game. His name is solo btw. I Hate wasting my time online when i have to play people like him.

whats the problem? you are just angry and frustrated because you lost - so what if he drops back 20 yards and throws bombs? why dont you triple cover the receiver? take a lineman off the line and shadow the receiver...so what if its not 'realistic' its an online game and ppl will do whatever they can to win - exploit the game to their advantage, yes! - ppl do it! - you are going to have to learn that this is the way people play online and if you dont like it then i would suggest you dont play online - or just play against friends of yours - if i played online i'd want to win as well - probably try to do anything i could to get the win, and my opponent would have to stop me in order to defeat me.

The quality of the game matters more to me then a win. Hey you can't win them all but I appreciate a a str8 up lost then a win over a cheeser.

I doubt any real life coaches would agree with that. If they found a weakness in the opponent, they'd exploit it like nobody's business. Just play people on the OS boards if it bothers you that much. Another thing, use come ball control offense. If you keep your offense on the field with long time-consuming drives he can't have his "O" out there cheesing.

I played a bunch of cheesers in a NCAA 05 tourney. They would do PA pass, 20 yard drop backs, and chuck n pray the entire game. A healthy dose of Defense and running to control the clock beat all the cheesers.