View Single Post
Old 08-09-2004, 12:34 AM   #8
NoSkillz50
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: What does moving the right stick do when running the ball?

I don't really like the juke stick, you already got jukes, left and right are just smaller jukes, why don't they just use one, one right and one left juke seems like enough for me atleast. Also then if you hit right when you are about to be tackled they try to spin the tackle off, then there is a spin by pressing B, why don't they just implement this both into one, the cpu should be able to tell when to do what. The stutter step doesn't really do much by pressing up, why do you need to press down, its just a slightly easier way to stop and then start again. Also the charge-up is very unrealistic, makes no sense to me.

What i do like is the animations without the bouncing off, but this is bad sometimes in ESPN as you can almost get caught to long on a blocker. Both games need improvements, Madden needs more with the smoothness of it. But ESPN's momentum is way off, but it does have gang tacklers and decent animations for bumping into players. I really think I might like Madden's a little bit more just because I don't have to tap the A button like a mad man, I can't even tap fast enough to run full speed with fast players, so its almost gamebreaking for me, or atleast ruins alot of long would be TD runs or passes.