View Single Post
Old 08-18-2004, 05:29 PM   #9
willdtarheeler
MVP

OVR: 7
Re: What have you guys done before the season starts for your Franchise?

In my Panthers franchise, I was playing the preseason and noticed the playbook has a lot of good passing plays for a TE, but the Panthers dont have a good one, so I traded Jessie Armstead,who was never gonna play behind Will Witherspoon, to the Colts for Dallas Clark and 5th and 7th round picks. Then I dealt the Panthers starting TE Kris Mangum to the Bills, so he could get out of the way for Dallas Clark for a 6th round pick, Mangum was only a 70 overall so 6th round was the best I could do. Anyways, Dallas Clark has done well as he is know the starter, he has caught around 40 passes for me through the first 10 games, and is money in the redzone. I also signed Stephen Davis to a 3 year extension but it seems like he has lost a step or something, Foster is a much more explosive back, so after the season, I plan on trading Davis to move up in the draft or to get a good player that I need on the O-line, which is OK at best, or the secondary, which is not good at all. Deshaun Foster is the future of the team anyways.