View Single Post
Old 08-25-2004, 02:43 PM   #8
Lisa_Bonami
Banned

OVR: 17
Re: Varsity or AA, Which is more realistic?

Ive been playing alot of ESPN 2K5 and I find the tackling in that game very realistic, and when I play NCAA, I drop the tackling slider all the way to 0 and the players still create easy 'touch tackles' in NCAA. I am enjoying the game but I see some things that I hope they improve next year, like a more interactive tackling system that lets players fight for extra yardage and the passing coverage also seems very suspect...its like as soon as you release the ball in Ncaa, the dbs lbs break immediately and start running to get in position to swat the ball down....almost making the oppurtunity to create realistic seperation in the zones near impossible.

I am immensely enjoying the drafting and recruiting aspect of the game but am finding the the actual gameplay almost a bit too......i dont know, simplified?

It seems that almost all the players run their routes exactly the way diagrammed or the defensive backs play their zones too perfectly, not allowing for programmed human error or mistakes.......am I off base with this observation? I like the fluidity of movement but I just was expecting a bit more variety or interaction in the gameplay?

what do you guys think?