View Single Post
Old 09-14-2004, 03:22 PM   #33
jayjackson
Banned

OVR: 2
Re: Jay's Sliders - Final Release

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr8ONe
I typically never really use sliders. I test them and give feedback. I have no qualms about any of it. I wasn't bashing his sliders. I don't like every game that I play to finish up 40-38. That isn't great football. That's no defense. Having 2 200 yard rushers in the same game is rare. Let alone 2 120+ yard rushers (on the same team). In all the games that went down on Sunday. Each of those games had one team totally dominant. Correct? Except the Chiefs and Broncos who just had above average backs. I just saw all those points and knew that something was wrong. I was just stating that something was wrong. Suggs is just a average back at best and he literally had 10 yards a carry. Green is a better back than Suggs and he also had about 8 yards/carry.

I do know every game isn't scripted. But in 50 or so Madden games I have only given up 80 yards rushing/gm and 220 yards passing/gm. Pennington would've easily thrown for over 500 yards in this game. What adjustments could the Jets have possibly made? I mixed up my play calling and everyone was getting the ball. If anything they would sit in more man-man, which would've checked my running game, but then Garica would've went crazy. I would've thrown in a running situation and the exact opposite to keep them off-guard.

I've used your sliders in games before as well Mill and they weren't realistic to me, but saying that your sliders are realistic isn't a great way to go about things if you can't take constructive criticism.

About Vinny. He should've thrown for 200 yards in the first half. They couldn't run the ball. Not being able to run will do that for you.
OK well you couldn't stop the pass, so he should have thrown for 157, by that rationale. They couldn't stop your run, which set up your pass. You couldn't stop their pass - which made them get big scores.

Now if the next 2 games you play you adjust and shut the CPU out and it's abnormal, I'll admit something was up. But when myself and others get normal games regularly with them, it's going to raise an eyebrow when you play one half and immediately start bitching that stuff needs to be changed.