View Single Post
Old 10-16-2004, 09:58 PM   #9
Playmakers
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Does the CPU Run on you with your Chosen Slider Set?

Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21
Hey playmaker, 150yds total is not that bad, they must happen on some games, coz i`m sure some of your games you held the cpu below 80yds, aren`t you?

I guess i`ll use RB at 18 but to be honest i didn`t wanted coz i hate wathching how OL of 70 pull DL of 90 but i guess i don`t have a choice.

So far i didn`t find a way to make CPU Run effective enough, to make my Defense the worst of the league (since they are 32 IRL). (i`m top 10 always no matter what i tried with the sliders)

I can`t go up to all madden since i don`t polay with the 11 players of the game.

On the other hand i see u use 7 of awareness, you don`t find your DB don`t play the ball with 7 of awareness?

What is your ranked Defense against the pass? And by the way i know you are 3 against the run, you posted on other forum, so that is not that much of CPU run effective

At first I was reluctant to drop to 7 AWR but here's why it allows me to have have a a good balanced game on defense. I play with the Cowboys and their defense is pretty solid against both the pass and run. However, by lowering the AWR to 7 it made my LB's react spot on aginst the run meaning they didn't always know a run was coming after the ball was snapped but once the RB for the CPU clearly had the ball Dat, Dexter and Al (Cowboys LB's) would react at that point and there AWR since they are all something like a 90 or higher would still pursue the ball carrier pretty good. The difference is they weren't always in the backfield the minute the ball was snapped and before the handoff.

My secondary has solid Safeties with Williams and Woodson so they stay in good coverage posistion and still make plays even at 7 AWR because of their overall AWR for the game. Newman is fats as hell so I just play man coverage with him and zone up to help my other corners which allows me to keep everything in front. Don't get me wrong if I call a dumb azz play or something or a play that the CPU can counter they will beat for a couple of big plays but thats realistic. I allow around 92yd's a game which is very good but yet because I have Dallas that is realistic. I give a few 10-15yd runs by the CPU but whats important is that they plug away for 4qtr's against me and never quit. They will keep taking those 2-3yd gains and then 1 or 2 plays they will pop a big one for like 30-40yd's and it's such a thing of beauty knowing that they kept plugging away until they hit a perfect crease on you and turned it into a big play that helped them go over the 100yd mark for any given game.

I enjoy that feeling the most rather than watching my Defense shutdwon one RB after another on a weekly basis. The 7 AWR is a great factor with this becuase in my opinion it makes your defense players react more closely to their real life atrributes on All-Pro and gives the CPU atleast a fighting chance to run the ball over the course of a game. Even if you have poor defensive team aslong as you call smart plays and atleast correct plays for situations you can still hold up pretty good against the pass.