View Single Post
Old 12-09-2004, 07:36 PM   #8
Bondra12
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Is there a way to add player pics with say a modded xbox?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shishka55
My thinking is that the pictures are contained in the actual roster file. Although this seems like it would make the file larger than necessary, this explains a few things. There are some players who either didnt have pictures or did not exist in the factory rosters. (someone on here mentioned Ronald Curry, I have also noticed a few not so well-knowns) My point is, if the pictures were contained on the disc you could not add new ones through a roster update. Unless they created a way to have a base set of pictures on the disc and then be able to add them to the save file as well. Either case, we should be able to add pictures or modify them on the roster file. I know there is a roster editor out there that allows you to remove pictures. Is anyone on here familiar with how that was implemented? I looked at the roster file through a binary/hex viewer. I found names of players and stadiums and such, but I am not even sure what to look for because I don't know what type of image file is used.
Pictures are not stored in the the game save. My bet is that the pictures for some rookies were included on the disk before they had rights to use them so the earlier roster files did not contain the pointer to them. Later roster updates added the pointer to enable the picture once rights were secured.