View Single Post
Old 02-26-2005, 02:58 AM   #112
JRod
MVP

OVR: 17
Re: Pared's MVP 2005 Gameplay Sliders

I should probably not say this but if anything these too many walks. Well 1-2 more than their should be with better pitchers. Mussina, for example will range 2-6 walks a game. He never had a 6 BB game last year.

With all that said, the AI just blows me away. The usual suspects get walked and pitched around. Ramirez will get a lot of walks.

One last thing I want to add. I added more power to the CPU. I know that sounds crazy but the only way to force a human to throw balls is to make the CPU deadly. Realistic is one thing but in order to force the human player to throw balls to good players you need to have the CPU hit better.

I have the CPU power to 8. The yankees are a great example of what happens. If you pitch around Jeter you get to face A-Rod then Bernie, Matsui, Tino Martinez. You can't pitch around all of them. Increasing the CPU Power makes you throw more balls and walk more people because they can go yard even on max'ed out throws to their cold zones. And this doesn't break the back of the game which shows you how good the engine is behind MVP.

I thought by now, we would find something broken with the game. I'm hopeful that this game is like Winning Eleven -- some quirks but nothing that destroys the game.