Old 02-28-2005, 01:54 PM   #221
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Pared's MVP 2005 Gameplay Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike47
I understand the point of fouling pitches off in etc but how do you do this on a consistent basis in the game like you would in real life? Just swing SUPER late at a pitch outside that you weren't expecting...look fastball and hope to connect on your follow through on that breaking pitch you werent expecting only to line it into the stands or dribble it foul up the line?
It's all about the swing timing. When you get 2 strikes on you, you should be swinging at anything close. My strategy is to continue looking for a harder pitch, (white or purple) rather than trying to adjust to every pitch they throw. This inevitably throws my timing off for the slower pitches. If I see an offspeed pitch, (red or green) I just leave the stick centered and take a hack at it if its close, but because my timing is off it's usually a foul ball. If they keep throwing breaking stuff you may strike out but hopefully you will get a fastball that you can handle. I usually leave the left stick centered when I have two strikes so when I do manage to get a hit, its a ground ball or liner right up the middle. It also seems like with the left stick centered your hitter doesn't swing and miss as much as you do when aiming.
Advertisements - Register to remove