Old 03-01-2005, 02:47 PM   #272
Millennium
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: Pared's MVP 2005 Gameplay Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIGHTNING
The low pitch counts when pitching to the CPU is the biggest issue with this game. It seems to be a lot better with the CPU swing slider set at -50. Try this and see if it works out for you.
OR you could :::Gasp::: try doing a little homework on each batter and look at their plate discipline ratings. If you see someone with low discipline, or a good hitter, try throwing a ball first.

I am using the Orioles. Granted, their pitching isn't top notch, but I haven't had a starter (inlcuding Ponson) make it out of the 7th yet. I am ALWAYS around 100 pitches in the 6th or 7th inning. I am 8 games into my dynasty.

You really wanna start throwing more balls? Up the CPU Power. I don't need to, because I actually fear the CPU hitting. See what happens when you don't worry about throwing balls when the CPU power is upgraded. Come back after you have lost a few games by 6-8 runs.

Also, regarding pitcher day-to-day fatigue. If you use a RP until they are in their 20-30% stamina range, it will take an extra day for them to recover. Don't use a reliever for 1-2 batters, throw only 20 pitches, and expect them to be completely worn out the next day. Also, don't forget days off count, so if you have an off day between games, your players get more rest.

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!

Last edited by Millennium; 03-01-2005 at 02:49 PM.