View Single Post
Old 03-01-2005, 04:41 PM   #7
Rhudey
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Just Traded In This Dissapointing Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by mello
I was a little disappointed at first, but I really believe this is the best game ever made (I am VERY biased towards college football, though). I read a lot about the dropped passes and I had a little problem at first but not that much as time went on (I play on Heisman - from the start,and no adjusted sliders). You have to throw high percentage passes and put guys in position to have a better chance at catching it (that's why I think this game is better - you actually have to work to have a good passing game). I ended up getting my QB to be around 60% every year (very realistic - not too high or too low).

Also, I never got the signs to work either but that shouldn't be a big factor, IMO.

As far as pipelines go, it is possible. I eventually got pipelines after many years (again, it's realistic and doesn't happen instantly - it takes time). It'll show a pipeline icon when you are on the state you have developed on to.

Again, I was also disappointed at first ,but I really think this is the best game ever made.
I have to agree with you, I didn't buy this game originally because of the bad reviews on this website, but I thought I'd try it a couple of weeks ago and I love it. The passing game is hard, but I tried it on practice for a few hours and figured out how it works. It's definitely not as easy as the previous versions and I love it for this fact alone, it's a real challenge for me to drive the ball. I found 2004 to be a track meet and it became a little boring having one shootout after the next. I love the tougher defence in this game!!