View Single Post
Old 03-03-2005, 06:44 PM   #307
headrulz101
MVP

OVR: 18
Re: Pared's MVP 2005 Gameplay Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
Because the CPU is made to pick up on human tendencies, this wouldn't work. It would just randomly be throwing balls/strikes.

The sliders are in place with the mindset the user IS going to make contact and try and hit the ball. One flaw with them, admittingly, is if the user just stands there every single at bat and NEVER swings, you will walk. However, if you hack all day, you won't notice that. Seeing as how no one has pointed this out, you can tell people don't really notice that b/c they aren't testing sliders, they're playing. My goal is to try and find a harmonious balance, but like I mentioned above, individual results will vary. Remember, the sliders were very preliminary, so this is something I've looked into already and am currently tweaking. What I release this weekend should be a bit better in this sense.

CL,

I've raised CPU contact and lessened CPU power a bit. Seems the CPU is mostly hitting HR's and not stringing together enough hits to score runs. This will be something I'm attempting to address next update.

DJ,

Are you "The H" over @ MVPmods? Anyway, I'm shocked LOWERING CPU contact has helped... but yes, you are right, there needs to be some balance with CPU swing frequency. Go lower than -25 and the third strike problem gets worse. Go higher and the CPU is too first pitch swing happy. -25 right now is a happy medium, IMO, but I'm hoping we can get it even better! Let me know if you find anything.
Are you sure if you don't swing at anything you will get walked? It doesn't work like that for me ...well that's a better thing actually