Old 03-09-2005, 12:13 PM   #173
mattstl77
Banned

OVR: 6
Re: Jistics 2005 MVP All-Star Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by glucklich
Eureka!!!

What a break through on offense. I was playing at Jacobs Field and heres my stat line:

CHI 14 13 0
CLE 0 3 0

I hit 8 home runs. My #3 hitter had 2, my # 4 hitter had 3 (7 RBI), my # 7 hitter had 1 and my #8 hitter had 2. My pitcher had a complete game, 3 hit, 8 K game to boot. OK, the pitcher I was going against threw 100 mph. So I was in a position where I had to do something--anything-- to pick up the pitches better. So, if when the ball was in the pitchers hand and it was white, I just went for the long ball and, yes, I aimed the left A-stick up. So then they eventually replaced the 100 mph guy with someone else whose best pitch was the 4 seamer albeit it slower and I lit him up using the same techniques as well. They then brought in a guy who throw more 2 seamers that were in the 80s. This really threw off my timing but as long as it was a fastball 90 plus I was locked in using this technique.

Jistic I just started using your sliders and they are awesome! I had 2 great games with them:

Cards against the Diamondbacks (wanted to start easy then work hard). Mulder went the distance until Pierre hit a grand slam. I was down 3-5. I came back and tied it in the 9th whenever their closer walked Pujols and Rolen drove an opposite field blast to tie it up. Extra innings came and in the 12th inning Pujols hit a blast and the Cards run. This game was awesome because I actually had an offense (I know, it was getting Diamondbacks!)

Next game was playoff game against the Marlins in my Owner mode. I am 5 years into my dynasty and I have a bunch of young studs with the now veterans Pujols, Rolen, Mulder, and the rest of the Cards pitching staff. First 3 innings resulted in 3 homers each because I had 3 hanging fastballs that the Marlins crushed. I came back to lead it 4-3 but they rallied in the 9th to win the game and the series.

As for the above statement, you might want to go up to MVP level if you are crushing the competition on AllStar. Unfortunately, there are no good sliders for MVP level yet. Any suggestions Jistic?