View Single Post
Old 03-11-2005, 09:32 PM   #16
humpdump66
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Let's Pretend ESPN Never Existed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangpow
There's flaws in every game, but Madden is clearly the better 2 player game out there.
Rebuttal:

1) Madden is not the better two-player game online. I have experienced more CHEESE online than I ever have in ESPN. The computer controlled Nano-Blitzes in Madden are insane. No time to set the QB up. Don't tell me you need skills either! You can call certain plays and there is no way to evade the blitz. Also, many guys block punts all the time! That is cheese too. It's hard to find a good game online in Madden lobbies.

2) Running with a RB is still a "pinball" game. Maddenites claim the RB's look like they move more fluidly than ESPN...so the hell what! You can't go anywhere and the HOT BLOCKING is just not effective at all. You have no time to set up blocks. Running game gets a C-

3) Madden still plagued with the super QB who can drop 20 yards back and heave the ball! Unfortunately, Madden cheesers do this regularly.

4) Punt Return fumble-itis. You basically have to call a fair catch on most PR's in order not to risk a turnover deep in your territory.

5) LB's that have hop's like Jordan

6) Ability for players to play QUARTERS all game and still stop the run with corners that can tackle Jamal Lewis at will

7) Poor lateral movement when controling LB's

8) Inability to put individual DB's in MAN if the rest of the team is in ZONE

9) Players models too small whereas you really cannot see the WR catch the ball in a crowd

All these things I mentioned above make Madden an effort in futility to find a good player to play SIM with. Even the Madden Bowl winner was Cheesy! It's an arcade game...Most Madden leagues restrict gameplay so much because of all the potential glitches and faults that you might as well play COACH mode. Yes, ESPN is flawed, but it is light years ahead of Madden. Why was ESPN rated higher?

I'm not hating on Madden. I play it and like the Franchise Mode. But when EA shafts us all and gives us Madden '05 in a Shirt and Tie and passes it off as Madden '06....don't come compaining because you were afraid to speak up.