View Single Post
Old 03-15-2005, 03:58 PM   #363
liftheavy
Banned

OVR: 8
Re: llcmac-HypnoxXx Rosters V3.2 from Xbox & PS2

I agree with you. i downloaded 3.5 and they changed Ichiros contact from 99 to 98 and really messed with Ibanez power and contact raings. They also upped Felix Hernadez stamina. Dude is only 18 let him be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badgun
Sorry man, these guys are just fans. They have a high interest in baseball and baseball games, but that doesn't qualify them to become scouts and start changing ratings. EA did their ratings based on what they knew and researched...these guys have no clue how EA did that so moving one attribute in one direction or the other could have a negative effect.

Everyone kissed GomerPyle's butt last year when he started putting out converted pc rosters and then it came out the dude was in love with Prince Fielder. He had Fielder in AAA and he was rated higher than all but two of the Milwaukee Brewers. It then came out that he had started messing with pitch movements and the next thing you know guys were throwing 52 MPH curve balls that literally stopped in mid air and 98 MPH sliders. Eventually everyone turned on him and he has pretty much disappeared from here.

People just can't leave things alone. Why isn't moving players around, editing numbers and equipment enough? Why do they feel the need to pump up some scrub in AA that they went to high school with and force it on the rest of us. I think most people just want accurate rosters and depth charts...no one really wants some hack changing his player ratings.

Then these guys say "well then don't use them then" but how hard is it just to make the correct rosters and depth charts and leave the ratings alone? If you want to jack up your college roomate, do it in your own set and screw your own franchise up. I trust EA's ratings a helluva lot more than I trust some 14 year old hack's.

I'll wait. There's always some sensible guy every year who doesn't mess with ratings and he will tell you so.