View Single Post
Old 03-16-2005, 03:24 PM   #193
rspencer86
MIB Crew

rspencer86's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Jistics 2005 MVP All-Star Sliders

Jistic-

First of all, thanks for your work on the slider set. I've played a few games with them, and for the most part I have really enjoyed the type of game that they provide.

With your CPU Pitcher Ball Rate at 17, it seemed like I was getting way too many walks (never thought I would say that after last year's game, lol), so I adjusted that slider to +7, and it seemed to be a bit better.

Also, what's your reasoning behind setting the CPU's power and contact sliders down so much? I'm thinking the low contact setting helps with user strikeouts, but both of these down so low make the CPU's offense very weak. Playing as the Royals, I held the Angels to just three extra-base hits (three doubles) in a three-game series. I didn't give up any homeruns, despite facing the Angels' strong middle of the lineup with my fourth, fifth, and first starters (Gobble, Tankersley, and Greinke). I want to feel threatened when I face that kind of lineup, so is there any specific suggestions you would make for adjusting the CPU contact and power sliders?

Thanks,
Ryan