View Single Post
Old 03-18-2005, 07:56 AM   #492
Rod_Carew29
All Star

Rod_Carew29's Arena

OVR: 38
Icon14 Re: Brad Lidge

You know...I had to check back on some notes I made of Lidge from the 2004 season. Yes, his slider, while not as filthy as Randy Johnson's, is still devastating. But the key is 'late breaking'. I've come to understand that 'late breaking' is a compromise of sort, on the velocity vs. movement. Thank God this game had the pitch sliders. In MVP 2005, they got his movement at 99. IMO, that should be modified to 90. The velocity scaled to 84. The scaling down of the movement ALONG WITH the 84 mph speed, will show up as a pitch that doesnt have that over-pronounced movement BEFORE the pitch gets to the plate.

scorp

Quote:
Originally Posted by wawasman
alright, these changes have given me some CPU offense....pitching meter at -30, CPUT contact at 21, CPU power at 7. I played a 3-game series against Houston last night, as the Mets. I lost the first 2 games, 5-3 and 7-5, cam back to pound Calor Hernandez 8-4 in the last game. Once again it's a must to be careful when pitching to the CPU, as they can bring the lumber now. I love it.

a side note: Brad Lidge is FILTHY, damn. He can't leave town fast enough. FB hits 99, slider at 89 and has a hard, late break. Pure evil.