View Single Post
Old 03-18-2005, 05:39 PM   #417
Gambo187
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: llcmac-HypnoxXx Rosters V3.2 from Xbox & PS2

I have to say I dont worry too much about edited ratings. When companies do baseball ratings they do them much differently than football ratings (EA for instance uses the same rating service as every other (former) NFL liscense. Which is why, if you notice their ratings are very similiar, if not scaled differently.

There really is no such service for baseball so every game has vastly different ratings. Also, these ratings are different because each games engine is very different.

To keep a long story short. Because baseball developers tend to use in-house people to do the ratings they are just as knowledgeable if not less than most of us. (A perfect example is Bubba Crosby, who is a PR/OF for the yankees, Speed = 40). They only know this player is not good so his ratings are low across the board.

So, if they want to edit the ratings fine. Just dont do fantastical things to them. If you dont want to use these rosters then you dont have to. I and many others personally dont want to see Joe Created playing in the game with Sammy Sosa or Harold Renamed as a 6'5 250 Shortstop when he is actually 5'10 145. I'd rather have Prince Fielder being a bit overrated or Curt Schilling being a bit too overpowering because it is merely a game and not reality.