View Single Post
Old 03-19-2005, 02:12 AM   #423
funkydelic
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: llcmac-HypnoxXx Rosters V3.2 from Xbox & PS2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dkrause
If you followed the actual thread on this roster set you'll notice that anything changed etc is from actual sources. Such as Espn.com, baseballamerica, books, etc. They don't just randomly decide they hate or love a guy and change their ratings. Check enough sources and some thoughts differ. The Neyer/James book on pitchers (2004) claims Schilling doesn't throw a curveball. espn.com claims he throws a slow curve (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/player...e?statsId=4267). I wouldn't blast the work they do. If you hate it- don't use it. Last i checked, the game had rosters to start with.

Don

Ya but he has every right to comment just as everyone else does in here im happy hes making people aware that these rosters be used at your own risk for people who might not know just because a guy is working on a pitch doent mean he has it and uses it in game, I also pointed out the validity of rosters being handled universally when they clearly should not be, these rosters were taken from a PC source from the PC disk a quick look at things like Lou Merloni on the Angels will show you that the files do differ to the point where its messing up the integrity of the game-hidden things you cannot see like trajectory,AI and calculations. Since MVPEdit was derived from the PC database I can almost guarantee this hypothesis. To make matters worse they decided to use PC default rosters instead of each own consoles rosters individually which only worsens matters. If they took each consoles database files instead there would be way less weird happenings.

Harcore Gamers Get Their Game info Here or you aint Hardcore$$ Click for Xbox

Click for PS2

"The Dunk Contest will be off the hook" Uhh Not
Give me back my real college players I can draft you can keep this gimmick!!

Last edited by funkydelic; 03-19-2005 at 02:15 AM.