View Single Post
Old 03-21-2005, 04:51 PM   #478
RoyceBrown
Banned

OVR: 8
Re: llcmac-HypnoxXx Rosters V3.2 from Xbox & PS2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badgun
Well you may have valid points, but I am willing to give up a bit of authenticity in order to retain integrity if you get what I am saying. I don't mind having a 6'5'' shortstop as long as he's not hitting 65 homers in AA. I don't even really care if the A and AA guys are named as long as the AAA guys are. IN other words, I don't have to have guys who are perfect size, correct armbands, correct batting stance etc...that stuff don't matter to me.

What does matter is seeing some single A player make it to the majors before the All Star break and having more power than Pujols. Or batting against someone that throws a 52 MPH curveball that literally hangs in the air and is completely unhittable. It also matters when I see one of the best pitchers in the game have one of his pitches taken away because a couple of kids read it on a website.

But to answer your question, what I really want is rosters that have ZERO edits of player attributes at all because as it's slowly but surely coming to light here, editing attributes ALWAYS causes problems. Read this thread...in the last few days we have seen MANY complaints about weird stuff going on with this roster.

What do I hope to accomplish by complaining about it? Well as more and more people come out and say that they're seeing strange stuff, I guess I'm hoping that these guys will see the error of their ways and at least restore the major leagues back to default. I think the real problem here is MVPEDIT. There are just so many options and things you can change, that for these roster hacks it must be like being at a buffet...they just can't resist messing with stuff. It starts out as changing a guy's stance, then before you know it he's lost speed and gained power. I'm sorry, if you want to trust these guys, go right ahead, but they simply CANNOT have any idea how much effect reducing Ichiro's speed one digit can have on the game. There's a good example right there...why mess with Ichiro's speed? And who cares if some #5 starter in Tampa Bay has a curve with a little too much break on it?

My point is that wouldn't their time be better spent getting the minors right rather than fiddling with player ratings that they haven't a clue what they're doing?

I'm just looking for some good rosters with integrity...it's obvious that these aren't it...and never will be.

Give some idiot a keyboard & he thinks he has a brain.