Old 03-21-2005, 05:41 PM   #19
RoyalBoyle78
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: EA could be in trouble

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawgcityClev
This is not to start some silly flame war, but this is what I see happening.

Only one football title to be released this year. Other than that silly NCAA Football, which has the same horrid gameplay as Madden. Now this is what's gonna happen.

You have a TON of angry ESPN Football fans forced to try Madden. Some even hoped for an NFL Blitz return. And an even smaller fanbase had eyes for a return of NFL Gameday. In order for EA to regain this fanbase, it has to do what Take 2 and VC has done the past 3 years.. ( give in to the fans, and create quality titles). Give them what they want. However, EA Sports is not into giving you anything. They are about money, and silliness to get by. EA knows that it's the most popular title, so it doesn't have to put forth efforts like the other Companies had to do to gain recognition. Which resulted in a strong, and arguably still, best title on the market in ESPN Football.

It's a different ballgame now, as all eyes are on Madden 2006. Every Madden Forum on the net is going to be at war, if EA releases another mockery as they did with Madden 2005. And I feel they will start to lose credibility if they DO NOT produce a quality title this year. Gaming fans will bash them beyond belief, rather than submit to the Madden Franchise again. I feel it's a lot of pressure on them. A great competitor is gone now, leaving EA Sports to make one hell of a football game, or not gaining ANYONE else to it's market. And therefore, losing more trust from hardcore gamers. Because eventually, the kids who claim it's so great still, yet have tons and tons of complaints and wishes for it to get better, will finally realize that EA is just not what they make themselves out to be.

I for one cannot wait until May, for E3 Week to see what lies ahead. I'm not hyped for Madden, not impressed by it's last 3 releases, and DO NOT feel EA is putting forth the effort right now to please the lost fanbase of the other titles. We will soon see.
I'm not sure if you will even pass 10 post's now, this is just dumb
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78