Old 04-08-2005, 03:40 PM   #25
Graphik
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Posts I'll Never Understand

Quote:
It's subjective either way...

Someone who creates sliders "fine tunes" them based on either his own vision of what is "realistic" or by "statistics". Neither one make a game realistic. It may make for a better experience, but games aren't built to be 100% realistic. A few more homeruns, errors, passed balls, and diving catches out of the box is entertainment.
But would'nt you want a better experience? Instead of being served the same default gameplay for as long as the game is in your possesion? Its only subjective when the point of creating the sliders is to make the gameplay more realistic than the default settings. But thats not the reason most ppl make slider sets. Pared made some good points about flaws that ship with the game. Some sliders sets are created to fix these flaws thus being considered "realistic" sliders. I dont think I can name a game that had everything perfect right out the box. And keep in mind, perfect does'nt exactly mean realistic. It means that each and every function works and in todays games, none come out perfect.
Advertisements - Register to remove