View Single Post
Old 04-09-2005, 08:15 PM   #39
Medway
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: Posts I'll Never Understand

To the above poster, those arent slider tweaks they're rule changes, there's a difference. Closest thing to a slider tweak would be someone taking steroids to "up their stats".

If someone wants to watch games then let them be. I like to watch the demo games now and then just to see how the AI acts. I've never made it through a whole game but it is interesting to watch sometimes. Yes you can turn on the tv to watch a real game, but with a video game you have total control over the situation that you are seeing.

Sliders have their use as well. Some people here want to most realistic playing game possible and sliders can help fix problems with how a game plays as opposed to default. Again you have a choice either way. I do think that people can get carried away with them (I have spent way too much time messing with sliders instead of just playing) but I'm glad they are there. Better to have the option and ignore it than not have it and need it.

As far as the comment on WE8, that game doesn't need sliders because they actually got it right, thats why no one complains about the lack of sliders unlike many other games. WE8 is an anomaly in the sports game market it seems, until other developers spend as much time getting their gameplay right then at least we have sliders to make ourselves happy. When you play that game you are free to just worry about actual strategy as the game itself does not bug you with any glaring flaws. In a perfect world all games would be like that but they aren't.

Not sure if the donkey kong analogy works. That game wasn't meant to be a sim so realism doesn't apply. If I wanted a sports game to play out of the bounds of realism I'd get Blitz or whatever.

Last edited by Medway; 04-09-2005 at 08:38 PM.