Old 04-10-2005, 07:01 PM   #64
fossen
Bl*bfl*th z*p!

fossen's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Posts I'll Never Understand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squint
Seems like you are getting a little bent out of shape over a harmless debate. I just thought there were many people on separate sides of the fence on this subject. Besides, wasn't the purpose of posting a link to the article to in this forum meant to drive conversation about it?
Isn't that what I said? You're the one that decided that somehow "sliders are getting a negative lablel" because one guy doesn't care for them, and another poster has decided it's somehow high school all over again with the cool non-slider-luvvin' kids picking on the slider underclass.

Quote:
You can't honestly be comparing a movie to a video game, can you?
Why not? What's so different? part of what's different is that in a film, you respect the director as "author" ... a videogame you expect should somehow be "realistic", and don't think there's any art involved.

Quote:
The DVD doesn't give me the ability to change its scenes or maybe I would.
Sure it does - select the chapters in whatever order you think best.

Quote:
Who wants 20-16 or 1-0 baseball games all the time? Not me. Just because the developers happen to play 100 games in which they experienced realistic results doesn't mean the rest of us will. That is why they gave us the ability to tweak to our hearts desire.
Again - I think that games are a challenge, and you should meet them halfway.

You getting scored on too much? You can adjust the slider, or pitch better.
You not scoring enough? You can adjust the slider, or learn how to hit.
You not getting enough walks? You can adjust the slider, or learn plate discipline.