Old 04-13-2005, 10:39 PM   #25
rocker78
MVP

rocker78's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: How lame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by acarrero
It's just disapointing that the first thing they give info on is a gimicky mode that has nothing to do with the gameplay. The only thing that's new if you think about it, is the trophy presentation/suspense. At least for Madden they introduced the Vision Passing or whatever it's called, which sounds great and is a major addition to the gameplay. Of course, we already know that NCAA will not include this new feature, because, as always, EA insists on making NCAA an inferior version of their pro title - unlike VC, who don't mind if their college game turns out to be the better of the two.

It's time for a completely new engine, and I don't see it (based on 1 screenshot). It's been the same engine since the introduction of the PS2, with minor tweeks and upgrades over many years. But I'm tired of the same game by now, and some gimicky gamemode (which makes no sense to me) will not make me more eager for this title. It's a shame that EA will have no competition for football. Their best years often happen when they responded to somebody else raising the bar the year before - like when Gameday started using polygons for the first time and EA responded the next year. If you're going to be the only game in town for both pro and college football, step up to the plate and amaze us. It is early, so I haven't lost hope that it may be a good game, but from what their pattern, I have low expectations.
so u want a brand new engine when it is going to be the last version that will be made for xbox, that would just not make much sense.
mlb- boston redsox
nhl- carolina hurricanes
ncaa- east carolina pirates
Advertisements - Register to remove