View Single Post
Old 04-20-2005, 12:09 PM   #18
burnwood
MVP

OVR: 14
Re: Regret of Next Gen

Quote:
Originally Posted by backbreaker
My only complaint about next generation, is the track record from PS1 to PS2, the addittion by subtraction. I remember Madden 99 was a superior game in all facets. The developers finally got a grasp on the game and its direction. Then here comes the 800lb gorilla(PS2) and they start from stratch. The features get shelved, retooled and become a new feature for next generation. I'm hope this doesn't happen but my guess is that it will. I won't vision feature, I want a toned down hit stick and on down the list.

What feature do you think will be taking out and comeback as new and improve, for annual releases as a selling point?
I was thinking the same thing the other night. I'm from the old school. While great graphics and effects are great, they are to be expected as the technology progresses.

What I want to progress with these next gen football titles is the ability to carry your own franchise mode online (if you want) and you can invite others to join and takeover their favorite teams while the CPU fills any untaken teams. Have the ability to create a dynamic website that fills in stats, rosters, message boards box scores, etc. based on this online franchise.

That would be my idea of Next Gen--not graphics, per se.