Old 05-03-2005, 09:48 AM   #185
deeman11747
G-M*nnnn

deeman11747's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Official New York Yankees Bleacher Creatures Team Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misfit
I'm really surprised they moved Womack to left, you would think he, being the veteran and all, would get to stay at his preferred position and the rookie would go to the outfield. Matsui is also already shakey out in left so having him in center isn't going to improve the defense. And those are two weak arms out there that baserunners will not think twice about running on.

I wonder how long the Yankees will stay with Giambi before they cut their losses and release him. Such a move would be rediculous given they still owe this guy close to 100 million dollars but if he does nothing but take up a roster spot it almost doesn't make a difference whether they keep him or release him.

Matsui doesn't have the strongest arm... but its been said that he has the quickest release of any outfielder in the bgis... which somewhat makes up for his average arm. Womack says hiis move to left isn't a big deal as he's played there before.

I'm just wondering how Torre is going to juggle Bernie, Giambi, Sierra, Tino, and Phillips at DH and 1B.

It seems like Cashman is starting to panic. I don't know why... I mean we're only 3 games worse than we were last April.

Advertisements - Register to remove