Thread: Walk This Way
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2005, 02:54 PM   #10
luv_mist
Older

luv_mist's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Walk This Way

In being honest, this really opened my eyes in letting me know how ridiculous the minor little details are compared to what is in real life. I don't quite relate with baseball cause it's just not something I've found the time to sit down and watch. I do play basketball. In viewing basketball, one thing that seriously needs to be noticed is the type of challenge between the teams for those stats. If anyone knows basketball and know the Heat and Bobcats, then you'd get what I'm saying. When the Bobcats beat the Heat, that was basically a slap in the face of stats somewhat. Exploiting a weakspot against an opponent is the thing that should establish the stats.

Stats aren't as useful as many think they are. They do tell a story, but so many times, stats can mislead. Just because it happens one day doesn't mean it won't another. Sports are skill, but are also reading opportunity. If a player is getting struck out at the plate, then I'm going to throw heat everytime he steps up to take a swing until I'm too fatigued against him. If he hits it, then I'll change it up on him and keep him guessing. It was a good article honestly. Makes a brother thing a bit. Keep them coming. Keep them interesting. Fossen, you ain't dat bad looking. You aight....