View Single Post
Old 05-06-2005, 05:00 PM   #221
deeman11747
G-M*nnnn

deeman11747's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Official New York Yankees Bleacher Creatures Team Thread

Personally... maybe I'm just an idiot... but I'm not panicking. Last year our rotation was even worse than this and people all year were concerned about the pitching. I mean the Yankees were the first team in history (I think) to go without a Complete Game all year (maybe it was just for playoff teams). There was a stretch last year... although not as early as this year... where the Yankees went something like 15 starts with a quality start.

Bottom line is... if you have Randy Johnson.. Carl Pavano... and Mike Mussina as your front 3.... your rotation is in decent shape. RJ will find his groove... Pavano's been prettty good and will get better... and Mussina always takes awhile to get his velocity back up. The we just need Wang and whoever else spot starts for us to step up and give us 9-12 games (I don't expect much from Brown)

The real problem is the bullpen. I can't stress enough hoe important Sturtze is to this bullpen... especially when Gordon and Quantril are pitching like crap. Gordon hasn't been the same since the "throwing up before Game 5 of the ALCS" thing.... and Quantril seems like he can't survive AL hitting. Luckily Sturtze is back... Groom is pitching phenominally.... Stantons pitching good... and if we have to we can bring Proctor bac up to pitch some.

Eventually the hitting willl get more consistent. Jeter... Sheff... and A-rod are off to great starts. Posada and Matsui will striaghten themselves out although Posada hasnt been the same since being hit in the face with the ball... and with this most likely being Bernie's last year in the Bronx... he's gonna pick it up. We're gonna need to get lucky at 1B with maybe Tino providing something and Giambi can just supply us walks because he can't hit for jack anymore.

If the Yanks are under .500 at the end of June... then I'll panic... right now... I'm just waiting for them to turn it around.

Plus I completely disagreed with shaking up the lineup. Last year we finished April with a 13-11 record. This year: 10-14. That's a 3.5 game difference. Last year we didn't mess things up like this and this year we shouldntve. Womack needs to be kept at 2nd because Cano doesn't seem ready for the majors plus this is a terrible time to have a rookie debut... during a time of unbelivably high pressure and scrutiny from the media. Once everyone gets settled in their spot in the lineup I'm sure we'll come around.

And if we don't then..... I don't know. I'll be pissed as hell though.

Advertisements - Register to remove