View Single Post
Old 05-16-2005, 11:27 AM   #7
mgoblue
Go Wings!

OVR: 41
Re: The New Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek
I still think MS is way behind on a global scale, but they're closing in on the North American market. I still think if Rockstar has GTA game ready for launch with the PS3, it's gonna be hell for MS. Plus, I believe most PS2 users will in fact stay loyal and buy a PS3 solely on that fact that it's Sony. Just hope they don't mess with that controller!
I'm not totally convinced that people will buy a PS3 solely based on loyalty...definitely could happen though.

Anyways, great article Shawn, I'm personally mostly in agreement...I'd never really made all those connections, but it really isn't the specs now as it is how everything else is done.

Oh, one more thing to consider that I just thought of: Back in '94, when the Playstation came out, Nintendo decided to stay on with cartridges for the N64, whereas Sony had the CD's...I don't think there's anything hardware like that which could prove critical when we look back on whatever happened in this new console release time period, but I'm wondering if online/integration might be something to consider. Personally I really dislike how PS2 did online play. I have to create a new login for every game basically, that just doesn't make sense. More inconvenient things like this, for either system, and they start to add up. Just stuff to ponder