Old 05-17-2005, 12:38 PM   #14
Money99
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: EA SPORTS Fight Night Next Gen Screenshot - Sony Press Conference

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
Um, I loaded the VB2 videos because I was going to order it and a flip top and if you call that realistic, you're crazy. The boxers ran behind the other boxer and rabbit punched him in the back of the head repeatedly. Their arms styretched out to look like plastic man and the tumbled back across the ring when hit. I cancelled the order. Everything up to getting in the ring looks realistic like the training, diet, etc, but the boxing engine looks terrible. There are also no stoppages in VB2.

We all know that FN needs some work, but I guarantee VB style is not the answer.

I can only hope that EA is reading all its suggestions and will make FN rd3 a real winner. I think they are close, but you'll never get a true sim. The masses aren't going to tolerate 3 minute rounds with 30 punches thrown and in some case only 3 or 4 landed per round. People now days just don't have the attention span for that. They'd rather watch contender style edited fights than a 12 round championship bout in full. I'm talking about the masses, not the true boxing enthusiasts. Unfortunately, the true boxing enthusiasts probably make up less than 10% of the video boxing game market so we'll have to be happy if EA makes something close to a sim and I think they can with their current engine and a few sliders thrown in.
Please do not judge VB2 on it's looks. I'll be the first to admit it's not realistic looking. However, by your post I made the assumption you never played it. This is a huge mistake. Trust me when I say that when you play it you'll never look at Fight Night ever again. Please give it a try and you'll be back here praising the game.

And to the other post about exagerrating the over abundance of knockdowns you're right when you said I was stretching the truth. However not by much. I've had an opponent on the mat 18 times before he finally stayed down. And flooring a guy 5-12 times is not uncommon on the harder levels.
Fight Night is to boxing what FIFA is to soccer. I'm waiting for the Winning Eleven of boxing. And for those that have played VB2 it's pretty close.