Old 05-28-2005, 07:30 AM   #9
Programmed2Kill
Banned

Programmed2Kill's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Forza Motorsport Review (Xbox)

Quote:
Originally Posted by malrak
Of course every game has flaws, and I love Forza dearly, I just have to question reviews that give perfect scores to games that have quite a few problems. Kinda like how IGN or whoever gave Gran Turismo a high score of 9.something, even though they went on about the poor AI, etc, etc...

Here the reviewer mentions the over-agressive AI, the underdeveloped drivatar feature, lackluster soundtrack, and what he calls the "supercar" flaw in online play.

The 4/5 suits this better.... 4/5 - An overall solid outing with few flaws. Worth purchasing for most gamers.

I just personally think reviewers are too liberal with the perfect 5/5 and 10/10 scores.

I love the game... it's all I play these days, but I think it has a few too many sloppy little problems to deserve a perfect score.

Um, it's HIS opinion. You can disagree with it and all, but it is HIS column and HIS opinion. To him, the game is that great that he would give it a 5/5. He's not going to call it a "solid" game. And again, the 5/5 score does not mention that it cannot have flaws. I don't know why this is so hard to understand.

Get your own blog or website if you can't stand it reviews so much. Then all of us can go over and point out the flaws in your grade.