View Single Post
Old 06-05-2005, 05:33 PM   #165
Misfit
All Star

OVR: 25
Re: Official Boston Red Sox 2005 Thread

Good win today, 6-3 over the Angels and the Red Sox take 2 out of 3. It was a nice series for Mike Myers as he notched both wins and got the job done against the lefty-heavy Angels. Not the greatest homestand as the Sox went 4-3 but not a bad one. Going to St. Louis should prove far more difficult this time around than it did in October. Unfortunately, Millar is starting to hit but he'll likely be benched during the St. Louis series as Ortiz will play first base.

And with the All-Star game on the way I figured it would be worth mentioning who on this team deserves to go to Detroit. I would say the only guys that deserve to start for sure would be Varitek, Damon, and Ortiz. Nixon is right there in the mix with Ichiro, Sheffield, and Guerrero for the third outfield spot. I can't vote Manny in as a starter at thism point as most of his stats have been empty up to this point and they haven't been that great anyways. Clement deserves a look for the All-Star game starter and should make the squad regardless, though right now it seems like it's Garland's start to lose. The only reliever worth a look is Mike Timlin but its pretty hard to make the All-Star team as as set-up man unless you're absolutely dominating (like K-Rod was last year) so it is unlikely he'd make it. It would be kind of funny though to see the primary set-up man for the Red Sox make the team and not the closer.
Advertisements - Register to remove