Old 06-06-2005, 08:36 AM   #354
TarHeelMan
Th* H*mb*rg*r P*mp

TarHeelMan's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Official New York Yankees Bleacher Creatures Team Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianflow
When I use to get the Kevin Wheeler show Jerome was a regular. He was always mad. I still remember he even made a negative call after the Yanks won the WS.

The last time I heard from him (about a year ago) he was in the hospital with serious health problems.
When I lived in NY, I'd hear him all the time... On WFAN, then you'd hear him on ESPN 1050 when they launched... I generally didn't listen to NY sports talk too much, so I'd listen to ESPN or Sporting News over the internet.... Then I'd hear him there, too... I'd be like "Can I just not hear this dude for a little while?!?" But I am sorry to hear he was going through serious health issues... I genuinely hope everything is all right with him.

Kinda reminds me of Doris from Rego Park, she was a regular caller on the sports shows. Anyhow, she had this really persistent cough, and I had to admit, it wore on me after awhile and got annoying. Sadly, she passed away a couple years ago, and they mentioned her on the radio and even in the newspaper. I felt like a complete tool for complaining to myself about her cough...