View Single Post
Old 06-17-2005, 06:13 AM   #342
jzicc
*dv*nc*d L*rk*r

OVR: 4
Re: Jistics 2005 MVP All-Star Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOLTHEAD
Which slider is the short relief pitcher's fatigue? CPU PITCHER'S FATIGUE, BULLPEN FATIGUE RATE or BULLPEN FATIGUE GRACE? I couldn't find any slider entitled "SHORT RELIEF PITCHER'S FATIGUE".
Good thing I don't communicate for a living ---- CPU pitcher's fatigue is what was meant -- the point is the pitcher's fatigue recovery is all screwed up (all they needed was one more slider) --- moving it when the short reliever enters is the best way to make this work --- +40 will work out
as below for a standard reliever (I did not do +45) :

pitches/ fatigue %
15 / 65
20 / 53
25 / 41
30 / 30

What this does is two fold: it is not going to allow a reliever to work three consecutive days; One scenario : 25 pitches day 1, at day 2 fatig % will be 78% ---- if pitching 20 pitches on day 2 then day 3 fatigue % would be 64% ; Obviously this would not allow you to use a reliever three days in a row. Secondly -- you can't pitch more than 30 pitches (approx 2 innings)

BTW starters at 40 fatigue (while simming) still recover to 100% after 2 days rest.

The only way that you I can see making fatigue work correctly in a season is to adjust it manually during a game: put it at 12 for starters and long relief; 25 for middle relief; and then 45 for setup and closers